Tour of Britain 2018 (*Spoilers*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Read-only but http://thesocialpeloton.com but it'll spoil all other races on now.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I err can't err watch it err for more err than err a err couple of err minutes. The commentary is absolute dire. Rob Hayles is just about OK but the other bloke ........
I suppose I could turn the sound off.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
8 days, 100 miles a day... JOGLE is not much over 900, is it? It could cover much more of Britain without transfers if they didn't spend so long going round in circles, but it would need more councils and police involved, so there's pressure against it.

Really, if you want it sooner, ask your politicians responsible for tourism to bid www.writeToThem.com

It's been a pretty good race so far, with a bit of everything in just two stages. Even with only 1km to go, it looked like yesterday's break shouldn't survive but there were no longer enough domestiques in the peloton to bring it back for their teammates and the chase had been hard enough I guess no alliances had been discussed.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
8 days, 100 miles a day... JOGLE is not much over 900, is it? It could cover much more of Britain without transfers if they didn't spend so long going round in circles, but it would need more councils and police involved, so there's pressure against it.

Really, if you want it sooner, ask your politicians responsible for tourism to bid www.writeToThem.com

It's been a pretty good race so far, with a bit of everything in just two stages. Even with only 1km to go, it looked like yesterday's break shouldn't survive but there were no longer enough domestiques in the peloton to bring it back for their teammates and the chase had been hard enough I guess no alliances had been discussed.

The race (like all bike tour races) has a route partially determined by which towns are willing to pay for starting rights, finishing rights.

If Scottish town councils, for example, put up the money, the race would be there in a flash

D

Deleted member 26715

Are Sky taking this event seriously or is it just a publicity outing, I was very surprised to see Froome swing off at the 7-8K point, he hadn't seemed to do that much on the front.

Adam4868

Guru
Its more a PR for sky I think.Pouls would be the chosen one for the win but Froome and Thomas are far from race fit.

Top Bottom