Tour of Britain 2023 *Spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
It looked a bit busy there so I carried on up the road past Peckforton Castle. Just a few of us sat by the side of the road. Top up the tan!
Yes, it did get busy, but I had a great view of the riders coming up the road. Yes, the fence did get sat on and broke too.

You can just about see the crowd in this photo of Beeston castle taken today:

Beeston Castle.png

Chislenko

Veteran
That was a hot day out. Ended up doing 80 miles but I did see the race three times and had a huge pizza after at the Fisheries.
I'm not sure I'm cut out for this heat.

Nice one, I struggled to 50 mile but must admit no conviction in my pedalling, just a nice leisurely day out.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is this thread about the race or just about where you manage to watch it?
Or does that reflect how dull the race is? 😊

GuyBoden

Guru
Is this thread about the race or just about where you manage to watch it?
Or does that reflect how dull the race is? 😊

A great few days out watching the race, but yes, Jumbo are controlling the race, so it's a bit dull, WVA will be the overall race winner as stated previously.

42054290_0.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
as always, if you don't want a spoiler, don't click on a thread that might give you one.....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
as always, if you don't want a spoiler, don't click on a thread that might give you one.....
That's not how things are done here, as I've been reminded a few times. See https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/a-reminder-about-spoilers.160154/

There was a fun anecdote about Team Garmin's legendary crosswinds self-destruction in today's commentary about 40km to go. I wonder if it'll make the highlights. (Is that a spoiler even though it's about a race 15ish years ago that I didn't name?)

I still can't tell if Ineos's sprinterless team selection was genius or madness. I suspect we won't know before the final stage. Or will the two cat 2 climbs on Saturday be enough?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Another dull stage, sprint finish and a win for Kooij. It won't really liven up until the hillier stages come in the stage 7 and particularly stage 8. in all likelihood, win stage 8 and win the GC.

Harry Tanfield's bike is certainly eye-catching!

Last edited:
Top Bottom