Tour of Britain, Llanberis **Spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just got back from watching the arrival of the Llanberis stage. Absolutely fantastic! Much better than seeing it on TV. Cavendish won it today so had the privilege of seeing the presentation at the end, including the gold jersey with Wiggins. I was right opposite the stand so couldn't be better placed for taking pictures. Afterwards, even managed to take more pictures of Wiggins as he got lost on the way to his hotel and asked for the way there. Sorry I can't show pictures on here as I don't know how to do it. Very exciting day for me today and well worth the long wait ( 3 hours) before all the riders arrived. Now back to watching it on tv for the remainder of the race.

Last edited:

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have literally just got in the house from riding down there. Didnt see you @gavroche though.
I was located on the Pen-y-Pass climb on the verge (you can see me in the helicopter shot). Managed to squeeze out 100 miles as well (my first century). It was a cold and wet ride there but I had good company with me and the scenery was divine. Had a lovely tailwind home with the sun setting behind me.

An absolutely epic day.

Congratulations on the century M_T.

I hadn't done close to that at your age and I thought I was pretty fit.

Shitey weather for it, so double pat on the back.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Good ride, Matthew! Well done for the century on a very windy day. And I hope the ToB topped it all off.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I spent most of the day sitting behind the break in one of the race cars. It was good fun, but a bit frustrating in that I didn't see any of the peloton. Almost took out the break at one stage as we had to race past them once the catch was imminent. We were trying to pass at 50mph down a twisty hill, not funny at the time, inches to spare. Guessing you won't see the swearing and hand gestures between my driver and the TV bike rider either :ohmy:.
Still managed to shake hands with Dave Brailsford and Shane Sutton at the coffee truck at the Stoke Hospitality area as they were behind me in the queue. Saw Nigel Mansell too at the finish, obv there for his UK Youth boys. Pictures to follow once I've discarded the dross.

Top Bottom