Tour of Britain route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sprinkle some drawing pins a hundred yards down the road and you'll be able to sit in your front garden and watch all the team mechanics in action.

What Grains Rd, that’s the main road, that’s the Nandy ***** ***
I am going to divert them up Lydgate and Scouthead.

That should make them sleep sound.
Then they can call it the Hell of the North

It's coming past me as well! I literally only have to stumble out the door to see them go past, riding on roads I ride on, my!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Can I be the first to point out that the route appears to miss out the entire bottom half of the UK!

How dare they call it the Tour of Britain!

London totally over looked again!!! :laugh:

Slioch

Guru
Is there any way of downloading a larger scale version of the map that you can zoom in on?

I can't find any links to click on to do this, but then I am having a bit of a "Mr Thicky" day today so may be missing the bleedin' obvious :wacko:

Ta.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The TDF once came right past my front door when I lived in a suburb of Paris. The peloton went by so fast that my only memory is of a whooooosh.
The TDF once came through Hebden Bridge when I lived there, but I got trapped in the local park. Huge crowds of spectators caused security guards to close off access to the roadside. Never mind, I could watch proceedings on the big screen in the park ...

... only as the race went by that screen was showing helicopter shots of the old churches up in Heptonstall village!

But at least I could see the saddles of the bikes on top of the team cars! :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I was a TDF volunteer in 2014. Originally I was assigned to help spectators at a park with big screen a few hundred metres away from the route. But some volunteers didn't turn up on the day so I ended up manning an entry / exit for emergency vehicles and was stationed roadside as they blasted past.

Top Bottom