Tour of Britain 'Spoilers'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

Tug I hope your good lady won't mind getting absolutely soaked to see some blokes in lycra whizz past! :laugh:, I'm planning on going to the finish...well was, the forecast is putting me off a 3hr round trip to just get very wet, i'll decide on Sunday morning.

Booyaa

Veteran
Is there a loop at the end of the first day? The route map seems to suggest it but the close up maps don't! I'm confused. Think we will be heading down there to see them racing through.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
For her birthday Mrs Dr Bollo has coughed up for some hospitality for me and her on the final stage finish line. Make sure you don't block my view, peasants!

(joke!)

Noodley

Looks like I'm not going to get to wear my mankini tomorrow for standing at the top of a hill. A bit of wind forecast. At least it may stop vast numbers of rowdy spectators spoiling it for me...

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Tug I hope your good lady won't mind getting absolutely soaked to see some blokes in lycra whizz past! :laugh:, I'm planning on going to the finish...well was, the forecast is putting me off a 3hr round trip to just get very wet, i'll decide on Sunday morning.
Whit??????

I`ve had visions of the first KOM being like the Alpe d`huez

Get In The Van

Its absolutely chucking it down at the mo in my part of west Lothian......but the beeb and met office forecast have both got the castle finishing circuit clearing up by early afternoon, so off we go.
Waterproofs all laid out and flask filled, hopefully get a good spot and stay fairly dry!:laugh:

raindog

er.....
Waterproofs all laid out and flask filled, hopefully get a good spot and stay fairly dry!:laugh:
we'll expect photos :smile:

Noodley

That was good, 5 riders (I only recognised Kristian House as he was the closest to me) had a 5'45" lead over the peloton at the start of the first KOM between Selkirk and Hawick - the rain even stopped in time for their arrival, but the wind was full headwind for them and must have been a bugger.

Top Bottom