Tour of Britain 'Spoilers'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Love your photos too, Bollo. Jealous you got so close to Quintana, I really wanted to see him.

Thanks suze. I was lucky enough to be in the hospitality area right next to the podium steps, so we could get very close when the riders signed.

Funny you mention Naro Quintana as he made a huge impression on me at the time - even surrounded by other top riders, he just looks extraordinary. Facially he's ageless - you just couldn't say if he's 23 or 43 - except when he smiles. When he rode up to sign on he looked quite shy and nervous but when he was announced he got a huge cheer from the crowd, which made him crack a very genuine grin. At that moment he looked about 12.

Big tip 'o the hat to Mark Cavendish as well. Most of the big names came down the steps and signed a few autographs in the hospitality area. Cav made a point of crossing the road to sign autographs for fans who'd been waiting for hours by the finish.

suzeworld

Veteran
Thanks suze. I was lucky enough to be in the hospitality area right next to the podium steps, so we could get very close when the riders signed.

Funny you mention Naro Quintana as he made a huge impression on me at the time - even surrounded by other top riders, he just looks extraordinary. Facially he's ageless - you just couldn't say if he's 23 or 43 - except when he smiles. When he rode up to sign on he looked quite shy and nervous but when he was announced he got a huge cheer from the crowd, which made him crack a very genuine grin. At that moment he looked about 12.

Big tip 'o the hat to Mark Cavendish as well. Most of the big names came down the steps and signed a few autographs in the hospitality area. Cav made a point of crossing the road to sign autographs for fans who'd been waiting for hours by the finish.

Yes, I sense that just from seeing Quintana on the telly. He has the most amazing face, I find him absolutely compelling to look at, on or off the bike. He was the one I really wanted to see in real life .. I even took my copy of the Tour de France magazine opened at his stage win to get his signature, but it was a dead loss with the mean spirited way the vans had been corralled.

I have seen cav do loads of autographs too, he is a real gent when it comes to appreciating fans, I think
x

Did you buy that place in the hospitality area?

Top Bottom