Tour of Flanders this Sunday ( spoilers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Deserves its own thread...Fancy MVDP for this over Van Aert.
But the smart money is a e/w on Tom šŸ˜

Screenshot_20230328-133825-866.png

Gotta be Laporte, the man on winning form!

; -)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Eurotunnel, French protests and careful timings willing Iā€™ll be by the roadside. Iā€™m taking a decent camera so will post a few pics if theyā€™re worthy.

Iā€™ve been looking at the forecasts since last week. Rain was predicted all day initially but it now looks like itā€™ll be raining in the morning but drying up for the start.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Eurotunnel, French protests and careful timings willing Iā€™ll be by the roadside. Iā€™m taking a decent camera so will post a few pics if theyā€™re worthy.

Iā€™ve been looking at the forecasts since last week. Rain was predicted all day initially but it now looks like itā€™ll be raining in the morning but drying up for the start.
Jealous....have a great time !

Milzy

Guru
Pog wants this more than TDF so will escape this time.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Where you planning on watching it @Bollo ?

We're parking up and riding down from near Gent, so the aim is to try and catch it at 4 points - the top of the early climb at Korte Ast, then across to a cobbled section at Kerkgate where we can travel a few meters to see the race loop back, then on to Oudenaarde for the finishes. I didn't fancy trying to keep an eye on the bikes where the crowds will be absolutely mental around the signature climbs. The whole plan could go t1ts but we'll see. šŸ¤ž

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
We're parking up and riding down from near Gent, so the aim is to try and catch it at 4 points - the top of the early climb at Korte Ast, then across to a cobbled section at Kerkgate where we can travel a few meters to see the race loop back, then on to Oudenaarde for the finishes. I didn't fancy trying to keep an eye on the bikes where the crowds will be absolutely mental around the signature climbs. The whole plan could go t1ts but we'll see. šŸ¤ž
Yea sounds good...been a few times myself.The fan village and around the finish can be pretty chaotic,or maybe that's me after four Leffes !
Enjoy.šŸ˜

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yea sounds good...been a few times myself.The fan village and around the finish can be pretty chaotic,or maybe that's me after four Leffes !
Enjoy.šŸ˜

I've heard that from a couple of people so will probably try and settle somewhere a few k outside the town on the run-in.

What is this Leffe of which you speak? ;)

What is this Leffe of which you speak? ;)

I was told by some Belgians on an audax a few years ago that Leffe is beer equivalent of Liebraumilch - "real" beer drinkers never touch the stuff!
Hope this helps.

(Luckily I was able to talk about the Tripel we had enjoyed in the Ghent monastery that hosted us before the event. Chose not to mention the gallons of Leffe I have consumed over the years .. :P)

Last edited:
Top Bottom