Tour of Flanders this Sunday ( spoilers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Chapeau to Laporte....how good was Lazkano!

Chapeau to Laporte....how good was Lazkano!

He was double-plus good! Although Kristoff looked like doing 90% of the work in the 10km before they were caught. I hope K didn't resent Lazkano's podium after towing him up there, their break was the best thing about the day, both clearly rinsing themselves, and both seemed happy afterward (to different levels!).

Domestic timings worked out yesterday evening, and I watched (most of) the last 60km. Totally enthralling; can't believe a one-minute gap, with another group in the middle, could hang like that for nearly an hour; never has "no change" been so exciting to watch! Thankyou Tiz-Cycling GCN 😇 I enjoyed the commentating duo much more than Mr Hatch -their pronunciations may have been a notch below, but more intelligent comment, and just generally less irritating 👍

Funny how it worked out; clearly LaPorte had the strength (especially with a team-mate) to win, but how the heck did the 2-man lead group at 50seconds hold off a "peloton" powered by Trek, Lotto-Destiny and Julianna for 40km??

And how did Lazkano win the sprint against Powless after all that work?!?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
The curse of Bala is gone !
I predict that Movistar are the goat....they'll push the boundaries from here on just you wait.
Next up a grand tour with one leader 😍

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What's the weather going to be like? Hope it's grim^_^

Is that cruel? :whistle:

They get paid to get covered in cow poo, gravel, mud and break the odd collar bone...:ohmy:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Have the Spanish ever won a cobbled classic? I just checked P-R and Tour of Flanders winners .... nope.

Podiums??
Until now....

Screenshot_20230330-125641-666.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Hear me out....I've too much time on my hands

Pidcock goes 50/60 k out....dream scenario is that they look at each other and I'm quids in.
Reality is Pogi doesn't know anything else but chase....which means so do Van Aert and MVDP.
Might aswell not watch it 🙄

Top Bottom