Tour of Flanders this Sunday ( spoilers )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Here ya go.

Attachments

• DSC_4438.jpg
    DSC_4438.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_4520.jpg
    DSC_4520.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_4529.jpg
    DSC_4529.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_4570.jpg
    DSC_4570.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_4617.jpg
    DSC_4617.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_4627.jpg
    DSC_4627.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_4634.jpg
    DSC_4634.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_4752.jpg
    DSC_4752.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_4725.jpg
    DSC_4725.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_4782.jpg
    DSC_4782.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 3

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Couple more. The last image has a bit of a story. We were at the beer tent at the top of the Korte Ast climb when a chap off-image decided to shift one end of the barrier to cross the course. The guy in the image was leaning his drink on the other end so nearly ending up with his drink over his jacket. He wasn't pleased and I just managed to catch his reaction. I fired this one blind without a chance to raise the camera so surprised it came out. The expressions on the faces of the other two just do it for me.

Attachments

• DSC_4832.jpg
    DSC_4832.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_4853.jpg
    DSC_4853.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_4493-2.jpg
    DSC_4493-2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 5

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
@Bollo Fantastic pictures! Did you get one of those yellow cycling caps everyone seemed to be wearing? My son was v envious :smile:

Sorry @Cathryn, I've dared to be off CC for a few days. Thanks for that. I'm not especially satisfied with the pics as I tried a few things that on the whole didn't work. I binned quite a few because I have my camera set to back-button focus, which isn't a good idea when you're too cold to take your gloves off. I could stink out the thread with photo chat but I don't want to try people's patience.

The caps were pretty cool for swag but I didn't grab one. I look all kinds of fool in headgear and I'm not especially into memorabilia, but my ride companion tried and failed to get one.

The Korte Ast stop was the most fun for sure despite the cold, especially as I'd really just picked the location because it was on a route for catching the race at several not-too-insane points. You'd have struggled to access it easily by car and it was early enough and not important enough to attract crazy crowds. The majority of racegoers seemed to be from the nearby village of Huise so had just walked down the road, which made for a sporty fête type atmosphere. It's a village that certainly puts on a good beer tent!

Top Bottom