Tour of Britain Stage 4 Tuesday 15 September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone going to Waddington fell to watch the above stage? It passes over the fell roughly at 12.15 (it's a cat 1). We're aiming to be there for about 11.30 - I'll be the one with my arm in a sling lol. There's a cafe in Waddington should anyone require refreshments also 3 pubs that do food.

Hopefully may see some of you there :smile:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I was aiming to go to the Cross of Greet to watch - as that is cycling distance from home wheras Waddington Fell is just a little too far.

Anyone else going to go up there? Look out for a red Hewitt tourer, and the helmet you see on the left!

trio25

Über Member
I'll be there, plan is watch the pros then the cafe, along with all the other cyclists I guess. I'll be in my usual pink helmet!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
yep i'm going. be on my brommie. now with reduced gearing, so i might be able to get up some of the hills on the way. never been up that way before. where's the cafe?

trio25

Über Member
In waddington, I guess everyone will be heading there. You'll probably spot me on the hill though, I'll be the one talking a lot!

nilling

Über Member
Only in Britain can you have big roadworks 100m before the KOM at Waddington. However, it was glorious weather and lots of cyclists :ohmy:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
yea the roadworks were funny. when i arrived at 11ish they were still digging and only just been told about the race. mind you, i got a good vantage point standing on the traffic light:biggrin:. saw trio and spoke to a very funny 80 year old gentleman who told me of his racing days for manchester velo. the funniest quip was " i was nervous about my interview to get into the club because it was in sophisticated manchester and i was only a country boy from padiham" classic. he goes out on his bike but not for anything less than 50 miles. good atmosphere all round. the silence of anticipation just before the breakaway group arrived was weird as well.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
you were talking to someone at the finish line and i was enthralled in the old blokes funny stories. wasn't on my bike, picked up a cold and want it to be gone by saturday. so i'm staying of the bikes till then. there was a green brommie there tho. he was pushing and kept saying to the crowds "don't cheer, i get embarrassed" :laugh:

where did you watch the race from? i was stood on the bottom traffic light

trio25

Über Member
I only got to the top of the climb after the finish had been taken down, probably chatting to my friend vikki if it was me. I was in a blue jersey with singular across the chest.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
you were on a road bike (i don't know why that surprised me), you were just past the finish line for about a minute chatting then the two of you set off together.

Top Bottom