tour of britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Ramsbottom Rake on the last stage. That’s a stiff climb, but I think finding a spectating spot may be equally challenging.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The Berwick to Newcastle stage will be beautiful, and the finish is going to be an evil uphill sprint - a real shame we aren't living in the area any more.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For anyone interested, here is the route, no doubt giving rise to the usual moans of , "well it doesn't cover much of Britain does it"
good news for me as the final stage passes through wigan and finishes on deansgate ,Manchester .

anyone planning on going watching
.https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/
Judging from my experience of watching a race finish there years ago, don't go by bike!

I went to watch a circuit race in Manchester City Centre once. I walked down the length of Deansgate and there was a nice bike locked to nearly every lampost, traffic sign, and bus stop. I walked the circuit and by the time I got back somebody had trashed every bike wheel. There was a crowd of thousands, but that didn't stop the idiots doing it!
:eek::cursing:

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
im not planning on going to the final stage in Manchester , it will be manic, I will watch them go through wigan, and I will go to see the finish of stage 4 at kendal, as I have done previously, cracking uphill finish at beast bank which is 11%.
if anyone from anywhere near me (within 20 mile of wigan) wants to go to the finish at kendal, I will have room in the car.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Its near home for a change. Less than a mile. Werneth Low is a nasty climb. Will MTB it up there then pop home and catch the train into Manchester for beers.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Its near home for a change. Less than a mile. Werneth Low is a nasty climb. Will MTB it up there then pop home and catch the train into Manchester for beers.
Unfortunately I'm away. Is the Werneth Low climb Cowlishaw Lane? It'll be interesting to see how quick they go up if they're properly racing. They should send them up Apple Street/Cock Brow instead, that would sort the men from the boys :-)

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unfortunately I'm away. Is the Werneth Low climb Cowlishaw Lane? It'll be interesting to see how quick they go up if they're properly racing. They should send them up Apple Street/Cock Brow instead, that would sort the men from the boys :-)

Yes it is. Apple st... eeek

Top Bottom