tour of britain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Cav and Cummings riding for Dimension Data.
A pair of KOMs

(Knackered Old Men that is)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In case anyone fancies having a go - there is a Halfords/Muc-off competition to win a VIP day on the Worcestershire stage - LINK.

The Prize

• The Prize comprises the following:
    • Two (2) VIP tickets to the Tour of Britain in Worcestershire on Thursday 12th September for the winner and one (1) guest to include lunch in the Tour of Britain hospitality;
    • Meet and greet the Muc-Off supported team riders;
    • One (1) signed jersey; and
    • £200 worth of Muc-Off products.

NB Competition closes tomorrow (5th September)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Please do something about the motorbike camera - out of focus, and colour washing out in the sun. And the presenters leave a lot to be desired too - Rob Hayles is just about OK but the other one - Marty McDonald? - is almost impossible to listen to.

Just watched them come past me. I do this corner on my way back home. I'm not quite sure I'm as stylish looking but to be fair I do have to stay on the correct side of the road.

upload_2019-9-11_15-7-51.png

OP
OP
roadrash

roadrash

cycle chatterer
steve cumming crashed and taken to hospital, sad to hear on the day they ride through the area where he lives

upload_2019-9-11_19-5-38.png

That's me and the dog just there. I know it's hard to tell. The dog's not looking too interested there, so I asked him who he fancied for the stage and he said Dylan Groenewegen. So I said, why him and he said, well he does tend to Winalot.

Absolutely fascinating to watch them ride roads I do every week and gratifying to see them rising out of the saddle at the same points, though I would say they tend to be moving a smidge faster.

I did also wonder about a couple of the tight turns on that route and sure enough there was one or two crashes and a few close calls on the bends I was concerned about.

Here's one of the corners I was worried about.

I always go wide and lean in on this. Might take it a bit easier there in future!

Top Bottom