Tour of Britian

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kirky

:thumbsup: I woulda loved to have seen them round the Trough but I gotta work too! :ohmy:

So there I am at Howden station, minding my own business and two hot and bothered little girls, when along come the cops, cars, two sweaty looking cyclists and ... the 1219 to Hull. Much flashing of lights, lowering of barriers and not much else. I must say they seemed very laid back about the whole thing. They posed for a couple of photos for me and took off asap. I'm glad they both made the podium for the effort they put in. Mortensen, in particular, must have a head full of 'what ifs' though given the time gaps at the end.

When the peleton came through they looked to be giving it plenty of hammer, no doubt news of the leaders' delay had been passed back.

Looks like a really exciting race in prospect this year.

OP
OP
A

AndrewLincs

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input regarding our trip to stage one.

It was a great success, we went to the climb just beyond Poklington and then skipped across to a section of road about 17 km from the end!

Got some great photos and managed to pick up a bottle.

Does anybody know what team would be using white Elite bottles? It had some sort of glucose drink in it and the letter M written in marker on the lid. Cannot decide if this would indicate the initials of the rider or simply the content.

Any ideas?

Regards

Andrew

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cross of Greet then Waddington Fell today (Tues) a killer combination!

I'll be at the top of Waddington Fell.

Skip Madness

Over The Hill said:
I work almost next door to the start point for day 6 in Frome. The road will be shut 8pm on the 16th and not open again until 10am on the 17th!
Yes, road closures at the start and finish will be more extensive because of the infrastructure. But out on the route, 5-10 minutes seems about right.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Blimey thay came up that hill fast. Did anybody see the Euskaltel rider who was having a tow from his team car? It was being done discretely via a drink bottle that was taking an awful long time to be handed over to the rider. Another of the same team was getting a helping hand on the back from a team mate. These basques must be pussies.

I'll post some pics later.

mik

I noticed the lanterne rouge was riding pretty closely behind the team car...heres the leading group coming over the top of Waddington Fell

Top Bottom