Tour of Lombardia.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just checking ... yes 'next' Saturday does mean what I interpret it to mean, the Saturday after 'this' Saturday i.e. the 12th October.

I've argued with some people who think that it means the next Saturday from today!

It is one of my favourite races too. Time to fire up Eurosport Player again. I haven't used it as much as I used to since ITV4 and Quest started covering a lot more cycling.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Just checking ... yes 'next' Saturday does mean what I interpret it to mean, the Saturday after 'this' Saturday i.e. the 12th October.

I've argued with some people who think that it means the next Saturday from today!

It is one of my favourite races too. Time to fire up Eurosport Player again. I haven't used it as much as I used to since ITV4 and Quest started covering a lot more cycling.
Did I mention I'm going ?

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Enjoy!
I’ve never been to Bergamo for cycling, but I do go at the end of June for the reggae sunfest.
Lovely city I've been a few times,the cycling is just a bonus.I think I remember there being plenty of food and wine !

Skanker

Lovely city I've been a few times,the cycling is just a bonus.I think I remember there being plenty of food and wine !
It’s definitely one of the best Italian cities, I must try to get over there for a ride one day and possibly even to watch some of the tour.
When I cycle in Italy I tend to go further west and hit the Alps on my MTB, as my friend lives in a tiny 400 year old village just a few miles away from fantastic walking and cycling routes.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/gallery-your-best-ever-photo.250220/post-5753649
You will never be short of good food and wine in Italy though. If you like tasty Italian food you should travel south a little to Tuscany and try the Pappardelle all’anatra followed by torta della nonna, mmmm, now I’ve made myself hungry.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
It’s definitely one of the best Italian cities, I must try to get over there for a ride one day and possibly even to watch some of the tour.
When I cycle in Italy I tend to go further west and hit the Alps on my MTB, as my friend lives in a tiny 400 year old village just a few miles away from fantastic walking and cycling routes.
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/gallery-your-best-ever-photo.250220/post-5753649
You will never be short of good food and wine in Italy though. If you like tasty Italian food you should travel south a little to Tuscany and try the Pappardelle all’anatra followed by torta della nonna, mmmm, now I’ve made myself hungry.
Without turning this into a travel thread...yes went with family to Tuscany earlier in year(July) loved it.No bike riding but plenty of eating and drinking.Rented a house,air bnb.Just outside Lucca.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Well, if this is going to be a travel thread, off to Pistoia this week, and maybe Rimini later on. Just checked, and won't be close to Bergamo, though. Don't know if this is good or bad.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I actually thought this race was finishing in Bergamo this time...usually alternates between Como and Bergamo.Anyway found out the finish is in Como again ! Caught the train to the finish in Como last year.So depending how much I drink on Friday night i might again !

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I actually thought this race was finishing in Bergamo this time...usually alternates between Como and Bergamo.Anyway found out the finish is in Como again ! Caught the train to the finish in Como last year.So depending how much I drink on Friday night i might again !
You'll be fine, Adam, unless you're the designated train driver

Top Bottom