Tour of Switzerland *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
He was 'lucky' to only have got cuts, grazing and bruises, going down shoulder first could have ended with a damaged collarbone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raindog

er.....
Or stitches and and stay in hospital like Haussler. ;)

The big mountain day is thursday, I believe?

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
raindog said:
Or stitches and and stay in hospital like Haussler

Or Arnaud Coyot (Caisse d’Epargne) who was taken to the hospital after the crash with a suspected hip fracture. (Velonews)

From the you tube footage both Cavendish and Haussler seemed to be on a collision course, but with Cavendish deviating from his line more than Haussler.

It might have helped if Haussler was looking where he was going vs. Tashkent Terror style towards the line - he even admitted afterwards that "he didn't see Cavendish coming"

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
You can hardly blame Haussler - no-one should have to expect a completely diagonal line from an opposing sprinter like the one Cav took. Hardly surprising the rest of the field are protesting today.

raindog

er.....
Maybe Mark should calm down a bit, but how many accidents have we seen in massed sprints over the years? Can't remember the peloton protesting about any individual who caused them though.

Anyone see today's stage? Horrendous conditions.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
raindog said:
Maybe Mark should calm down a bit, but how many accidents have we seen in massed sprints over the years? Can't remember the peloton protesting about any individual who caused them though.

Anyone see today's stage? Horrendous conditions.

Just watching the stage now - interesting comments from Brian Smith concerning Haussler forcing Cavendish up against the barriers at 200m to the finish

yello

raindog said:
Can't remember the peloton protesting about any individual who caused them though.

I've not heard of it happening at all, ever, not that my knowledge is at all broad. It is extreme though isn't it? You have to assume that Cavendish (or perhaps Columbia) have been upsetting riders for some time and this is just the straw, albeit a big fat straw.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
philipbh said:
What? The whole peloton - are you sure?

Certainly more than a handful - there was a sit-down protest. You don't see that over a race incident too often.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
IMHO it's complete bollix. Cav may have been in the wrong but not deliberately and not as obviously as is made out. There seems to be a bit of an agenda here. They should grow up and get on with what was a racing accident.

raindog

er.....
It's the biggy today. Andy Schleck?

stage6profile_600.jpg

rich p said:
IMHO it's complete bollix. Cav may have been in the wrong but not deliberately and not as obviously as is made out. There seems to be a bit of an agenda here. They should grow up and get on with what was a racing accident.
Hmmmm, it's pretty clear that he was at fault and as a result several riders have been badly injured. If I was a fellow professional I'd be pretty hacked off with that. As Yello says, it's not unlikely that Mr C and HTC have been merrily pissing people off for a few years now. Perhaps they couls get Millwall to sponsor them. Then they could have "Everyone hates us, we don't care" on their shirts. :biggrin:

Top Bottom