Tour of Switzerland *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Hmmmm, it's pretty clear that he was at fault and as a result several riders have been badly injured. If I was a fellow professional I'd be pretty hacked off with that. As Yello says, it's not unlikely that Mr C and HTC have been merrily pissing people off for a few years now. Perhaps they couls get Millwall to sponsor them. Then they could have "Everyone hates us, we don't care" on their shirts. :ohmy:

I agree that it was his fault in the main but there are lots of accidents during stages which are often somebody's fault but it's part and parcel of the game. Injuries result but nothing happens. He was punished by the authorities and that should be that.

raindog

er.....
Chuffy said:
Cav has quit the Tour. Injured, upset or just no more sprint stages?
Why the sarcasm?
He's pretty badly injured, and must be in alot of pain. When you think of certain footballers rolling on the ground pretending to be hurt.......
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...battles-through-rain-lashed-suisse-stage.html

raindog said:
Why the sarcasm?
He's pretty badly injured, and must be in alot of pain. When you think of certain footballers rolling on the ground pretending to be hurt.......
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...battles-through-rain-lashed-suisse-stage.html
No sarcasm intended, it was an honest question as his withdrawal could be down to any of those reasons. I just wondered if anyone knew.

Rich - All true, but I've never heard of the peloton taking action to make a point about one of their own. Doesn't sound like anyone is demanding his head on a plate, they're just making a point, which is surely fair enough?

raindog

er.....
Chuffy said:
No sarcasm intended, it was an honest question as his withdrawal could be down to any of those reasons. I just wondered if anyone knew.
ah, sorry Chuffy - thought you were having a dig. He's taking alot of stick on bike forums at the moment. From the tone of the article I should think it's injury related.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Rich - All true, but I've never heard of the peloton taking action to make a point about one of their own. Doesn't sound like anyone is demanding his head on a plate, they're just making a point, which is surely fair enough?

I've not heard of it either, despite numerous "where there's blame, there's a claim" accidents, which is why I speculated that there might be another agenda.
But hey ho:biggrin:

raindog said:
ah, sorry Chuffy - thought you were having a dig. He's taking alot of stick on bike forums at the moment. From the tone of the article I should think it's injury related.
Feel the love...:ohmy:

I think I'd want a day off work if I'd been run over by Tom Boonen.

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Chuffy said:
Cav has quit the Tour. Injured, upset or just no more sprint stages?

From a Sports Mail Correspondent :ohmy:

"The 25-year-old from the Isle of Man completed yesterday's fifth stage but did not start today, having not fully recovered from the back problem sustained on Tuesday"

rich p said:
I've not heard of it either, despite numerous "where there's blame, there's a claim" accidents, which is why I speculated that there might be another agenda.
But hey ho:biggrin:
This might go some way to explaining it...:ohmy:
From Cycling News: "Cavendish was involved in a crash in the finale of that stage when he ran into Cervelo's Heinrich Haussler. The HTC-Columbia rider is said to have spat on Haussler after the crash, which led to a protest against him at the start of Wednesday's stage."

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
This might go some way to explaining it...:ohmy:
From Cycling News: "Cavendish was involved in a crash in the finale of that stage when he ran into Cervelo's Heinrich Haussler. The HTC-Columbia rider is said to have spat on Haussler after the crash, which led to a protest against him at the start of Wednesday's stage."

xx(:sad: I do hope that's not true.

raindog

er.....
Yes, that was a great win for Gesink wasn't it?

What the hell were the Schlecks doing?

What a fabulous looking stage - didn't it make you want to chuck the bike in the car and get over there? :laugh:

Team Fiwip

Once again Sky appear wanting in the mountains. During last yrs Tour Wiggins Garmin team-mates delivered him perfectly to the foot of the Verbier ascent, which riders in the current Sky squad are capable of providing equal support ?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
raindog said:
Yes, that was a great win for Gesink wasn't it?

What the hell were the Schlecks doing?

What a fabulous looking stage - didn't it make you want to chuck the bike in the car and get over there? :tongue:

Nah, I only just got back from the Dolomites:thumbsup::biggrin:

Top Bottom