Tour of Tweeddale Sportive - 5 Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bummer thats the same weekend as the Pedal for Cake ride.

I like my last Sportive in that area (the Ken Laidlaw) it was also organised by a club and good VfM IMO :smile: I was asked to do this and as it seems to be a bargain I've entered. Hopefully PfC is moved to the next Saturday, if not I might seriously bonk given my current fitness; its an excuse to get the Bianchi back out again though, its only seen 190miles this year :blush: of 3000 (3/4 have been done since May).

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Following yesterday's KL, this event was recommended by a fellow rider (who had travelled from Lochgilphead and is coming down for the ToT too :thumbsup: )

I'd thought about it ... but now reckon it's possible, so should enter.

'should' being the operative word :rolleyes: ....

OK, who is up for a CC Challenge Ride in the Borders again ?

HLaB
Scoosh ?

Seamab

Following yesterday's KL, this event was recommended by a fellow rider (who had travelled from Lochgilphead and is coming down for the ToT too :thumbsup: )

I'd thought about it ... but now reckon it's possible, so should enter.

'should' being the operative word :rolleyes: ....

OK, who is up for a CC Challenge Ride in the Borders again ?

HLaB
Scoosh ?

Thinking about this one if i can get a pass...

Checking the route posted a lot of it is on the A roads down to Moffat and then onto St. Mary's loch. The interesting bit is the loop that follows which is in reverse of the KL with a long climb up the other side of the Berrybush and the Swire (both of which may be harder this way round?)

Sounds like good value for a tenner though.

Waspie

Über Member

Checking the route posted a lot of it is on the A roads down to Moffat and then onto St. Mary's loch. The interesting bit is the loop that follows which is in reverse of the KL with a long climb up the other side of the Berrybush and the Swire (both of which may be harder this way round?)

The Berrybush in reverse from KL certainly seems a bit a longer but it's no bother unless there is a brutal headwind. Did The Swire in reverse the other week there, not much in it IMO.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste

I've driven the A701 to Moffat many times - it's a lovely road, quick for cars but I wouldn't say it is dangerous to share - quite a few of the audax routes use it too.

Interesting that the shorter routes do the Talla Dam road :eek:, which I really don't fancy ATM. I'll take the 'easier' option of the Berry Bush/Swire, I think :blink:.

I get the impression that there are limited drinks/feed stops, so it's much more self-sufficient - buy your own food in Moffat type. This one will need cash-carrying :huh:.

Fiona N

Veteran
I'm belately thinking this looks rather good, especially since my DNS on the Galashiels 400 which covers some of the similar ground.
It looks a lot more comfortable than the Lancaster DA 200k event which I think is the same day and goes up and down the usual suspects around the Pennines/Wensleydale.

Seamab

I've driven the A701 to Moffat many times - it's a lovely road, quick for cars but I wouldn't say it is dangerous to share - quite a few of the audax routes use it too.

Interesting that the shorter routes do the Talla Dam road :eek:, which I really don't fancy ATM. I'll take the 'easier' option of the Berry Bush/Swire, I think :blink:.

I get the impression that there are limited drinks/feed stops, so it's much more self-sufficient - buy your own food in Moffat type. This one will need cash-carrying :huh:.

The Audax like routesheet on the website gives controls/food at 18m,54m,75m (same one) and 90m. Sounds like plenty...
Not sure if there is any broom wagon or much in the way of signage? But it's a simple route.

You are right about the "Wall of Talla". I did it once on the Radar Ride last year - 1K of solid 20% in the rain. Horrible.

There should be a nice descent of the Devils Beeftub and hopefully a tailwind from Moffat.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Bummer,....... but I see the event is now full :sad: looks like I'll be doing it on my own :sad::sad:

Aye, I saw that too yesterday and am mightily cheesed off (with myself :angry: ) that I didn't get organised in time and get the entry in.

Silly me :angry:

Right, who's got a route sheet for the Twa Wee Coonties ?

Top Bottom