England : Worcestershire Tour of Worcester as first sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Have a great day. Lovely part of the country. I did a 100 mile ride starting at the Three Counties Showground. Some brutal climbing, some flat bits, some rolling hills, and some great scenery. Enjoy it.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Had an email with final instructions this morning. All ready to go now.

Unfortunately it looks like some road closures have required a change to the 70 mile route, hopefully not too much hassle.

@StickyPTFE, what time are you aiming to set off?

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Done, great ride, though lots of route alterations due to flooding, so we didn't climb Ankerdine hill, but I think that we ended up if more total elevation overall. 3:56 ride time, 4:30 total time and 12.7mph for 50.5 miles.

The not so good news is that the 70 mile route got cancelled and everyone got to do the 50 mile route.

How did you find it, @StickyPTFE ?

13 rider

Guru
Done, great ride, though lots of route alterations due to flooding, so we didn't climb Ankerdine hill, but I think that we ended up if more total elevation overall. 3:56 ride time, 4:30 total time and 12.7mph for 50.5 miles.

The not so good news is that the 70 mile route got cancelled and everyone got to do the 50 mile route.

Glad you had a good day

StickyPTFE

Disappointed with the route changes but it couldn’t be helped. The view from the top of Malvern made it worth it! What sportives do you have planned for 2020?

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Disappointed with the route changes but it couldn’t be helped. The view from the top of Malvern made it worth it! What sportives do you have planned for 2020?

The view from the top of the Wyche is great on a nice day like yesterday. I saw lots of people stop for taking photos as I was going past.

I don't have any plans for next year. This was my first sportive, but it ended up not much different from riding on my own, as I struggled to stay with any group that I caught. I could keep with them going uphill, but not on the downhill. I will keep an eye for local sportives, and may register for another one if the route takes my fancy.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
The view from the top of the Wyche is great on a nice day like yesterday. I saw lots of people stop for taking photos as I was going past.

I don't have any plans for next year. This was my first sportive, but it ended up not much different from riding on my own, as I struggled to stay with any group that I caught. I could keep with them going uphill, but not on the downhill. I will keep an eye for local sportives, and may register for another one if the route takes my fancy.

You could join me for an early spring leg-loosener on this one. On the negative side, it could be icy, wet, flooded or very cold, or it could be warm or sunny. On the positive side, there isn't much in the way of hills, and a good feed available at the end.

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
You could join me for an early spring leg-loosener on this one. On the negative side, it could be icy, wet, flooded or very cold, or it could be warm or sunny. On the positive side, there isn't much in the way of hills, and a good feed available at the end.

Thanks, it looks interesting.

It's a nice ride along those roads, but I think the distance is too much for me. Will have to think about it.

StickyPTFE

Thanks, it looks interesting.

It's a nice ride along those roads, but I think the distance is too much for me. Will have to think about it.
I have signed up for this again in March. Ride the Reservoir 2020. I have done it twice before, it is a good route, well organised and good cause.

Top Bottom