1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TourDeFrance on=more roadies out and about?

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Maz, 24 Jul 2007.

1. Maz

Maz Guru

Deffo in my opinion. Where do these fairweather roadies suddenly appear from?!
    Anyone else notice this?

2. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

At least Wimbledon was a washout, not so many idiots in tennis kit drinking pimms......

3. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

loads today, some quick ones and lots of awful idiots

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It's suprising how TV and media coverage gets people thinking about taking the bike out for an airing!!!!!!!!!!!

5. monnet

monnet Über Member

Wonder if the hospitals are filling up with these fairweather cyclists wanting blood transfusions?

6. Sore Thumb

Sore Thumb Veteran

not too fussed myself with the tour. A few people at work that did know that the tour was on were not interested either as some felt it was just a drug sport.

7. OP
    OP
    Maz

Maz Guru

I think Vinokourov was in that queue, too!

8. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

Saw some lovely bikes on the road yesterday in Chiswick, saw some Ribbles, Focus, Planet X, a Felt and a lovely Pinarello.

9. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

There theoretically should be, seeing as more people play tennis when wimbledon is on than at any other time of the year. But I think the fact of the tour de france being only on sky doesn't help.

10. OP
    OP
    Maz

Maz Guru

More people take drugs when the TdF's on.

11. Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond

Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond New Member

Could I just say you think you may have seen me, but it wasn't me. I have been in Mexico all week. Honest.

12. OP
    OP
    Maz

Maz Guru

Claro que te vi! Lo digo yo! También estuve en México la semana pasada. ¿no te acuerdas de mi, Jeff?

13. Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond

Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond New Member

14. Jack

Jack New Member

I have also seen a lot.. I don't know where these people disappear to.. Lots of £500+ bikes, where do they go in the winter?!

15. barq

barq Senior Member

What is this fair weather of which you speak? :thumbsup:

There certainly seemed to be loads of people out on the first weekend of the tour. I saw one rather obese woman on a rusty old bike making a very game attempt to cycle up one of the Surrey Hills.