Tourdeislands 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stumpy66

Veteran
Off this afternoon on a week long trip. Staying tonight in Fort william then of in the morning to Shiel Bridge, Sunday heading up to Applecross over the Belach na Ba to Kinlochewe. Monday up tp Ullapool and then the ferry over to stornoway. Round Lewis to Harris then next day ferry to Uig, Skye to Broadford. Then next day ferry over to Mallaig, down thru Moydart to Ardnamurchan, ferry over to Tobermory, Mull. Finish next Fri with short run to Craignure, ferry to Oban then the train home. hope the sun keeps up and the wind down

Somebuddy

Über Member
I have just plotted your travels on google maps, it looks awesome. Can I ask about your accommodation. Is it camping or YHA? and what do you do for food?

Off this afternoon on a week long trip. Staying tonight in Fort william then of in the morning to Shiel Bridge, Sunday heading up to Applecross over the Belach na Ba to Kinlochewe. Monday up tp Ullapool and then the ferry over to stornoway. Round Lewis to Harris then next day ferry to Uig, Skye to Broadford. Then next day ferry over to Mallaig, down thru Moydart to Ardnamurchan, ferry over to Tobermory, Mull. Finish next Fri with short run to Craignure, ferry to Oban then the train home. hope the sun keeps up and the wind down

Sounds fab. I love Ullapool. Stayed there loadsa times. And I shall be passing through Tobermory myself in a couple of weeks. My favourite place - last time we were there, there was a heatwave. I have a feeling that won't happen again any time soon, but enjoy anway ^_^
ps - are you cycling over the Applecross pass? Mr Hop did that :eek: - in my opinion he is :crazy:. I got stressed enough just taking the bloomin' car over it for him.

OP
OP
stumpy66

stumpy66

Veteran
I have just plotted your travels on google maps, it looks awesome. Can I ask about your accommodation. Is it camping or YHA? and what do you do for food?
staying in youth hostels. Last year doing a slightly different route we camped. We usually buy stuff each day to cook at night, stop at a cafe for lunch

Sounds fab. I love Ullapool. Stayed there loadsa times. And I shall be passing through Tobermory myself in a couple of weeks. My favourite place - last time we were there, there was a heatwave. I have a feeling that won't happen again any time soon, but enjoy anway ^_^

I lied ^_^ the weather was amazing again ^_^. Shame I had to come home to crappy grey weather ...

Top Bottom