#tourfever? maybe #notsomuch...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Claudia

I'm well aware there are t*ats like these everywhere, but somehow it always gets to me.

Why so much hate? Why can't these online bullies walk that 1 mile to work rather than getting a bus? Enjoy a spectacular even that comes to London ONCE in 365 days? Would it be that hard?!

:@

Attachments

• 10447709_894291340586688_92937009985611378_n.jpg
    10447709_894291340586688_92937009985611378_n.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 103

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
eh, you should have heard the wailing & gnashing of teeth when a one mile stretch of Crewe Road was closed for a short time to accomodate the Olympic torch relay. It's not just bikes.

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

eh, you should have heard the wailing & gnashing of teeth when a one mile stretch of Crewe Road was closed for a short time to accomodate the Olympic torch relay. It's not just bikes.

maybe not, but for example on TfL's page on facebook, when some marathon was announced, not a single person moaned about road closures. you mention bike, see them coming at you...

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yup. Britain can seem like a horrible, mean spirited little place at times.

I usually cheer myself up by reading Dave Horton's account of the Ardechoise.

vickster

Legendary Member
NIMBYs everywhere, I am sure if it were to benefit their business, they'd be more than happy

The marathon is on a Sunday which is why I guess there is less gnashing of teeth

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
NIMBYs everywhere, I am sure if it were to benefit their business, they'd be more than happy
The marathon is on a Sunday which is why I guess there is less gnashing of teeth

You're just not local enough to hear it. Working in Greenwich I get plenty of bleating from my workmates about how they are trapped for the day. Aside from the ones who make the most of it to go and watch.

Have heard similar from folk Kingston way about the Ride London Surrey 100. Road closures stop them easily driving two miles to the tennis club.

vickster

Legendary Member
Some people just need something to whine about and blame for their unsatisfactory existences...they should get a bike or three :biggrin:

OP
OP
Claudia

Claudia

Actually they also moaned about the final stage of the tour of Britain and that was on a Sunday too...

Top Bottom