touring bike heaven

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

14june1942

A Farrhad Manufaktur VTF T400 Rohloff; every component is just what you dreamt of: steel frame; Rohloff gears; Shmidt dynamo lights; Magura hydraulic rim brakes; Tubus rack; bike stand etc. I should stress I have no commercial interest in the supplier whatever!

Actually, thinking about it, I'm more than happy with my ancient Galaxy.

simoncc

Rhythm Thief said:
Actually, thinking about it, I'm more than happy with my ancient Galaxy.

So am I. But that didn't stop me buying an Ultra Galaxy a couple of years ago and that's even better for touring. The old Galaxy is now on 23mm tyres and road brakes and is a superb, fast town bike.

skmc1955

I might respray her yellow though.[/quote]

I read somewhere that mentally unstable people prefer yellow cars (my wifes friend had one so I think there,s some truth in that!) I wonder if that applies to bikes as well Cathryn?!!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
skmc1955 said:
I might respray her yellow though.

I read somewhere that mentally unstable people prefer yellow cars (my wifes friend had one so I think there,s some truth in that!) I wonder if that applies to bikes as well Cathryn?!!

That theory makes sense of one of my colleague's choice of car. She mad and the car's a vile yellow.

I'm thinking of selling my yellow framed fixie - an unstable takers?

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
no need to spray anything remember you just won the lottery so you can buy the very best ,forget about keeping what you have start from scratch.i love my thorn great bike and groopset( ex ),great wheels /tyres ,but there not the best out there,look at what they done with road bikes over the years super light and super strong,i reckon the touring bike could pick up a lot of technology from the light weight road bikes ,

wafflycat

Hmmm...

I'm remarkably happy with my aged Bianchi San Remo - and don't want to part with it. It does need a respray though, as Gino is looking a bit like a faded film star in looks. He needs a facelift even though the basic structure is still lovely :biggrin:

For a respray, there is a particular Mercian colour I adore....

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
wafflycat said:
Hmmm...

I'm remarkably happy with my aged Bianchi San Remo - and don't want to part with it. It does need a respray though, as Gino is looking a bit like a faded film star in looks. He needs a facelift even though the basic structure is still lovely :biggrin:

For a respray, there is a particular Mercian colour I adore....

Go on Waffly, spill the beans, what colour is it? I'm just contemplating buying a KOM and I went to their showroom on Friday for a perusal. They had one in there in "flamboyant ruby" lined in gold. Wow. I fell in love.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
just sold my bianchi

wafflycat

Gerry Attrick said:
Go on Waffly, spill the beans, what colour is it? I'm just contemplating buying a KOM and I went to their showroom on Friday for a perusal. They had one in there in "flamboyant ruby" lined in gold. Wow. I fell in love.

Not sure of the correct name for it. A cycling friend had a bike of hers done in the colour and it is glorious. Best I can describe it as is a gloriously flamboyant raspberry. Indeed I've emailed her to ask what the correct name for the colour is. Mr Wafflycat has mentioned that my tourer may well be done before winter. I do hope so.

Edit: dependent upon cost, I may well end up having it powdercoated locally, in which case it will most likely end being black.

Top Bottom