Touring food!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Touring in the UK, I tend to start off with 5 days worth, that breakfast meal and evening meal for each day, then once down to 3 days I find a blacks shop to top up back to 5 days. Lunch time |I normally find a cafe or tea room for alunch time snack, but if like scotland or wales I know I will not be near to a cafe etc, I buy the makings for a picnic lunch.

My last few tours have been in South east asia, and as roadside food stall are fairly frequent along the road I eat from them.

Gotte

Coffee - not strictly speaking food, but a good cup can set you up for the day, and a bad cup make you want to go back to bed and start again.
Campfire coffee - put the grounds in with the water, bring it to the boil, let it roll for a few minutes, then take it off the heat, and here's the magic part, sprinkle some cold water on the surface and it will take the grounds down to the bottom. It sounds like it shouldn;t work, but it does.
Next, if you want milk and sugar, don't bother with whitener and sugar - take a tube of condensed milk, squeeze it in and stir it up. Beautiful, Vietnamese style coffee without cafetieres or coffee bags or, worst of all, instant.

Top Bottom