Touring Tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
I'm interested in this subject as well, as i'm thinking of racking out the mtb next year for a tenting/touring holiday.

With regards to the lizard leaking ... it only takes a splash of tree resin, or greasy fingers, or fat from
the barbecue to make most modern tents leak.

Never ever ever cook and certainly not with a BBQ inside a tent. If the tent doesn't burn down in seconds if dry, you will be over come with CO poisoning in your sleep. DO NOT TAKE BBQs INTO TENTS EVER.

Crankarm

Guru
Although I have a Vaude Taurus 2 UL 1.95kg and 'am pleased with it, I like the look of the Terra Nova Duolite tourer although it has more space it is 1 kg heavier and looks a bit more fiddly to put up. I also like the look of the MSR Hubba hubba but these are £££££££.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The Terra Nova Duolite is roomy and is a a fast erecting tent. I admit to being wary when I first unpacked it to examine the contents. I then watched a viseo of how to put it up and when I did a test erection I managed to erect the tent, strip it down and pack it away in under eight minute. That included pegging out the tent. It goes up in one which helps the speed.

OP
OP
HorTs

HorTs

Über Member
Never ever ever cook and certainly not with a BBQ inside a tent. If the tent doesn't burn down in seconds if dry, you will be over come with CO poisoning in your sleep. DO NOT TAKE BBQs INTO TENTS EVER.

I think he was meaning splatters on the flysheet from the outside by BBQing nearby.

Cooking in the porch with a stove with your door open isn't going to kill anyone.

OP
OP
HorTs

HorTs

Über Member
I looked at all the other suggested options but I keep coming back to the Lizard or the Akto.

If I hadn't have owned a Hilleberg tent in the passed I would go for the Lizard but I know how good the Hillebergs are.

Has any one actually used a Power Lizard?

The Akto is a whole 20cm longer when packed and 0.5kg heavier.

Top Bottom