Touring tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
I realize it has been discussed many times already, but....
So what's the forums go to fast touring tyre in 35-40mm, no marathon please?
Fast, puncture proof, hard wearing, easy to handle, cheap?
I have some cheapo vittoria revolution, which are almost all of these apart from fast

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Schwalbe Marathon Supreme and if you find can them, Vittoria Voyager Hyper.

Last edited:

rivers

How far can I go?
I would look at Pirelli Cinturato Velos. Excellent puncture protection, a decent rolling resistance, tubeless ready. Only downside is they are slightly pricey.

OP
OP
E

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Surely that’s like saying “I want to live in a country where it never rains and there are no droughts”

Some of Your requirements rule out having the other requirements so I think you will struggle.

In terms of happy mediums I believe Marathon Originals are pretty well reviewed
Of course they are kind of mutually excluding, but I will settle for a happy compromise just like you.
Are the original marathons now called the green guard? Tbh schwalbe's nomenclature is very confusing to me
Marathon supreme and Voyager hyper would seem to satisfy almost all requirements but the puncture resilience?
Green guards seems to be resilient, nicely rolling, heavy so maybe these?

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Of course they are kind of mutually excluding, but I will settle for a happy compromise just like you.
Are the original marathons now called the green guard? Tbh schwalbe's nomenclature is very confusing to me
Marathon supreme and Voyager hyper would seem to satisfy almost all requirements but the puncture resilience?
Green guards seems to be resilient, nicely rolling, heavy so maybe these?

Marathon = green guard
M+ = Smart guard

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve had a supreme on back of my recumbent since last November. They were ridden all through the grotty winter and no deflation’s so far. I’d say pretty good in my opinion. I have a Pasela on the front since March and so far so good.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Schwalbe GG are pretty firm favourites. I’ve also had good service from Continental Ride Tours, available in 37c from Evans for twenty squid.

Top Bottom