Touring Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
I like my watches and particularly Casios for touring, this one has an altimeter, thermometer and a decent barometer. It's also waterproof to 100m and has all the usual Casio extras, alarm, worldtimes, stopwatch, light etc....

It's a large watch but luckily the senors are on the upper side, so it doesn't dig in your wrist when riding, I've used all the features and the altimeter and barometer are good, the temp is ok (ish) as it's affected by your body temp. It's been used for one 7 day tour and is like new, I am selling it as I have 3 similar Casios and seeing as they never go wrong and I can never break them or wear them out, it's too many.

Zegarek,%20zegarki%20meskie,%20zegarki%20damskie%20Kielce%20SGW400H1BVER.jpg

£35 plus £2.50 first class or £4.95 recorded first class.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-Combi-Watch-Sgw-400H-1Bver-Resin/dp/B004KPKU9C

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
It's also waterproof to 100m
That will be good for deep puddles

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
I don't use a bike computer or a phone on tour, this tells me the time, temp, how far I've climbed and the probability of rain. it wakes me up in the morning and if I wake too early the light tells me the time, plus, I don't have to ever take it off, showering, swimming etc.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Does the altimeter function give you a total of how high you have climbed? For instance if I wanted to climb up a hill, but there were sections of downhill, would it give the total of uphill climb?

jay clock

Massive member
Looks great but I need to be able to read it without glasses and that has tiny numbers. I have a Timex Ironman one and like you keep it on 24/7 when touring

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Sorry for the late reply, it has been sold.

All Casios have PDF instructions to download.

Looks great but I need to be able to read it without glasses and that has tiny numbers. I have a Timex Ironman one and like you keep it on 24/7 when touring

Yes, I don't see the point of the analogue hands, they get in the way, it'd have been better without and with bigger read outs.

Top Bottom