Touring wheel rims ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I ordered them last week and they arrived yesterday. I didnt notice the mistake straight away but something made me count the holes. I emailed them but will call today. This seems like a stupid mistake to make

I've been sent rims and hubs with the wrong hole count number a few times and spokes of the wrong length a few times too, not by SPA as I don't buy much from them, just the odd thing for my personal use but mistakes do happen.

When I was looking for new wheels a few years ago I contacted SJS cycles. They were very helpful with answering questions and offering advice via email. I had the wheels built, drilled out for Schrader valves and shipped to the Netherlands with no hassle. I'd recommend.

e-rider

crappy member
They are sending a courier to collect the rims and sending out the correct rims. More time waiting in for the courier though. Wouldnt use again.

I'm sorry, it's perfectly fine to be an assertive customer/know your rights but your attitude strikes me as petulant in the extreme.
It was a mistake and I'm not sure what more they could do to remedy the situation.
I doubt they will miss you.
My next wheels for my expedition bike will be coming from Spa.

slow scot

Veteran
I'm sorry, it's perfectly fine to be an assertive customer/know your rights but your attitude strikes me as petulant in the extreme.
It was a mistake and I'm not sure what more they could do to remedy the situation.
I doubt they will miss you.
My next wheels for my expedition bike will be coming from Spa.
Not only are Spa very helpful all of the time in my experience, but if things do go wrong they try and remedy matters speedily. And their adverts in the CTC magazine are the only pages worth reading.
Edit: the "letters" pages in said magazine are always worth a read just to make you realise you maybe ain't the dumbest person out there!

They do have a certain reputation I think for being grumpy/straight speaking.

All I can say is that when I called them up for a bit of ignorant pre purchase advice on buying a pair of wheels they were patient and helpfulness itself.

Maybe it helped that the person I was speaking to was a south Londoner gone north - opposite of me.

Maybe erider should tune into his inner yorkshire :smile:

[declaration - I'm from over the border]

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
They are sending a courier to collect the rims and sending out the correct rims. More time waiting in for the courier though. Wouldnt use again.

I understand your position, what I can't understand though is people giving you a hard time because you aren't happy with your experience with Spa. For all I know Spa do a good job but that's it, nothing exceptional.

Last edited:

e-rider

crappy member
Well, I just called to see where the courier is as its getting late and I have been told they didnt get round to shipping them yesterday. Why did nobody call me - oh sorry about that! Feckin jokers. I took the day off work for this. They replied 'can you take Monday off'

ah, couriers, a big problem.

If at all possible it's best to get them to deliver to a "collect" place and then walk there and pick the thing up at your leisure.

If you fancy an alternative courie experience (DHL?) I can recommend Rose Bikes of Germany.

Text/email you the day before to confirm imminent delivery the day after, then on the day offer you the chance to be texted/emailed when you are the bext drop/within 15 mins.

Excellent in my experience.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member

If at all possible it's best to get them to deliver to a "collect" place and then walk there and pick the thing up at your leisure.

If you fancy an alternative courie experience (DHL?) I can recommend Rose Bikes of Germany.

Text/email you the day before to confirm imminent delivery the day after, then on the day offer you the chance to be texted/emailed when you are the bext drop/within 15 mins.

:eek:

e-rider

crappy member

It wasnt the courier at fault it was Spa Cycles. They told me that they would send replacement rims to be delivered the next day. When nothing arrived I called them and they said they didnt get round to sending them.

Ah, that's not so good. Poor communication for sure.

Still no idea what spoked wheels was on about. The trouble with replies that are just pics/emoticons - maybe they have no idea.

Top Bottom