Touring without mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I'm tempted to remove mine and go 'guardless' this summer...I cant see any serious disadvantage compared to the weight saving....but if anybody else can ??

dodgy

There's a good chance women will start to see you as attractive.

:becool:

Dave.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bigtallfatbloke said:
...I'm tempted to remove mine and go 'guardless' this summer...I cant see any serious disadvantage compared to the weight saving....but if anybody else can ??

The weight of the mudgards is insignificant unless made from depeleted uranium or something similarly dense. I don't think that you'd notice the advanatge gained by their weight loss. You will notice a wider distribution of road clag.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

ok...I'm leaving them on...mainly because I am lazy and you are all probably right

goo_stewart

Stick with them, they make us cycling folk way cooler - and it stops you from getting that annoying road dirt all over your bum, back and rack.

Danny

Legendary Member
I'd leave them on for all the reasons mentioned - plus it could rain.

But don't tell Bonj you're keeping them. He's got very strong feelings about mudguards ;)

PS Since you're planning to cart a TV around with you I wouldn't worry too much about the weight of the mudguards.

Pottsy

I hate mudguards - uncool, rattle, weight, looks etc. but the one bike I keep them on is the tourer. Wet panniers, bike and kit covered in cr@p and a damp ar5e for 8 hours just isn't fun.

bonj2

Bigtallfatbloke said:

don't ever even DREAM of taking them off, you will OBVIOUSLY be KILLED INSTANTLY :excl: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom