Tracking total milage of two bikes on Garmin Edge/Connect?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mitchibob

Über Member
That seems to be excellent.

As soon as available for Android, but feel like it could be consumed into Strava eco-system at some point. It does look just the ticket, or close to. I've only been roughly modelling mine.

I don't do Excel anymore.... seen far too much spreadsheet abuse in my career. There are better tools and APIs available.

Kell

Veteran
it could be consumed into Strava eco-system at some point.

There used to be a great app called ReLive that integrated with Strava and gave you videos of your rides - pulling in photos, your top speed etc and peppering in the correct places. Then one day when I went to use it, Strava stopped them from doing it.

It's likely that Strava will attempt to buy the functionality cheaply, if they don't sell, they'll cut off the integration and then develop their own..

Kell

Veteran
I agree ^^^

I sometimes used bits of them in video diaries of weekends away, i.e. when we had a 'boys' weekend in Wales and climbed Snowdon.
But the only people that were really interested were those on the trip.

It was less about ReLive, and more about the way that popular apps will just rescind access rights to third parties.

It might've said @CEBEP set up two profiles on the Garmin unit which will let you filter GC. I've a Leisure bike, a commuter bike profile and a gravel bike profile. If you have a couple of bikes that do the same thing you got to remember to select it in GC though which I often forget to do:blush: Its then in the gear menu but its only total mileage by bike.

OP
OP
C

CEBEP

It might've said @CEBEP set up two profiles on the Garmin unit which will let you filter GC. I've a Leisure bike, a commuter bike profile and a gravel bike profile. If you have a couple of bikes that do the same thing you got to remember to select it in GC though which I often forget to do:blush: Its then in the gear menu but its only total mileage by bike.

Not worth the trouble for me. Strava offers seamless selection of used bike after activity is synced.

OP
OP
C

CEBEP

The same can be done in Connect as several of us posted a number of days back.

I couldn’t do it in Connect as for some reason it didn’t allow me to change gears to another bike, while it was created in gears it didn’t appear in the menu when I tried to change it in the recorded activity. Might be some sort of bug, but it didn’t work for me.

Not worth the trouble for me. Strava offers seamless selection of used bike after activity is synced.

Understandable it's a pain. GC offers a seamless selection of 'Gear' (Bikes/Shoes) too similar to Strava but it doesn't like Strava default to a regular selection, GC default to blank and I often forget to change it. It's simple on the PC but on the add app, whilst simple too, is on a separate 'Add Gear' option outside the ride details or edit options 😐

Top Bottom