Traffic Cops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Manonabike said:
There are ways and ways of dealing with those that brake the law... let's just say that there are people that have a little more common sense :smile:
If you're in a uniform, you're less likely to be allowed to exercise it here though.

The focus on "targets" and "accountability" leads to certain calls being treated as crimes (and thus taking up the officer(s)' time) when they're not really deserving of it. And the system as a whole is pointlessly bureaucratic, to a point that leads processing of offenders and crimes to take up a huge amount of the officer's shift time.

You're right to point out that societal change is needed as well, but the Police in the UK could be helping to drive that far more than (I feel) they are allowed to currently. Again, I'd encourage you to read the accounts of serving officers I posted earlier on. These officers aren't, in general, asking for license to do anything they want; they want to do the job they signed up to do, without having to invest time in crimes and "detections" that aren't worthy of the names just to meet targets, and to be accountable without spending half their shift filling out forms that often contain the same information for umpteen different agencies.

Top Bottom