Traffic Droid will be on a new channel 4 program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Judging by the sceenshot for Episode 2 which is a slightly comedic fighting shot between the complainee and the complainer

6e7d6b50-8a2f-4efd-9b51-64d0a3c1255c_625x352.jpg

I'm guessing the other episodes will feature people who perhaps know they are taking the piss a little, unlike TD who is on a "Mission from LycraCity to set the worlds rights wrong for cycling"?7

"who confronts his council with a camera strapped to his body, and whose unresolved dispute with Kirklees council has been ongoing since 1988."

My council! I'm watching this if only to see if recognize anything.....

EDIT

Actually, its not all about that twonk. Full synopsis:

"
This episode goes inside the complaints department of Transport for London. With over a million more people in the capital than 10 years ago, the city's roads are fit to burst, and a new generation of complainers are turning up the heat.

The programme follows the back-and-forth between TfL and London's super-complainers, including an obsessive tweeter and a cyclist who deploys a strange array of tools to defend his position on the road, including seven bike-mounted cameras.

At TfL, one call handler has built a special relationship with a persistent customer, and the programme meets a bus driver who's sent on a course known as 'the naughty boys club'."

Lol at the naughty boy bus driver, and given they mention his tools I have high hopes for the 'measuring stick video' to be used.

This is gonna be fun^_^

72a82335-2cab-498d-af15-564edee569fa_625x352.jpg

Look out TD, there's a motorbike behind you!

Last edited:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I see the snide remarks about TD are still going on.. as I said before - how many of you have engaged and tried to make things safer, better, with your local councils etc? He is doing it from a good place even if he's an eccentric.

How many of you went on a Space4Cycling ride? Joined a cycling body? I know some of you have and I'm not getting at you but the same names pop up time and time again.

Sadly from what I hear today this new program is going to trivialise road rage. I havent heard anything good about it yet and I find that worrying after the previous BBC "war" thing... We've already dropped in number in the past year, it would take a monumental effort to make cycling the everyman it should be.

Colin B

I see the snide remarks about TD are still going on.. as I said before - how many of you have engaged and tried to make things safer, better, with your local councils etc? He is doing it from a good place even if he's an eccentric.

How many of you went on a Space4Cycling ride? Joined a cycling body? I know some of you have and I'm not getting at you but the same names pop up time and time again.

Sadly from what I hear today this new program is going to trivialise road rage. I havent heard anything good about it yet and I find that worrying after the previous BBC "war" thing... We've already dropped in number in the past year, it would take a monumental effort to make cycling the everyman it should be.
Are you serious I'm having a laugh I don't give a monkies if traffic droid enters the Eurovision song contest . What is it with this place you try to have a giggle then get called snide . I'll tell you what pal I won't bother posting on here then I can't be accused of being snide enjoy your forum ppl too much bollox on here for my liking

Hip Priest

Veteran

This programme is likely to turn poor old Droid into a national laughing stock, which is terribly sad. If only he'd listened to constructive criticism from others, instead of people like you egging him on, he might've modified his behaviour a bit and not ended up in Channel 4 freakshow land.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
This programme is likely to turn poor old Droid into a national laughing stock, which is terribly sad. If only he'd listened to constructive criticism from others, instead of people like you egging him on, he might've modified his behaviour a bit and not ended up in Channel 4 freakshow land.

I've not egged him on. Where he's been wrong (and I've noticed) I have said, as have Gaz and a few others. He's coming from a position of PTSD in the same way parents that outburst with "helmet laws, now!": he feels he's being active on a problem. Some of his complaints have been legit.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I've not egged him on. Where he's been wrong (and I've noticed) I have said, as have Gaz and a few others. He's coming from a position of PTSD in the same way parents that outburst with "helmet laws, now!": he feels he's being active on a problem. Some of his complaints have been legit.

Sorry df, I was unnecessarily narky there.

I see the snide remarks about TD are still going on.. as I said before - how many of you have engaged and tried to make things safer, better, with your local councils etc? Yes I have He is doing it from a good place even if he's an eccentric.

How many of you went on a Space4Cycling ride? I was going to, but then instead donated my day to a different charity. Joined a cycling body? Have been in two, now just one. I know some of you have and I'm not getting at you but the same names pop up time and time again.

What have you heard? The synopsis of the program to me reads like TD will be 1 person of several featured who serially complain to TFL, nothing to do with trivializing road rage and not cycling specific like the BBC program previously.

I'm quite looking forward to it myself^_^

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom