Traffic Droid will be on a new channel 4 program

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
:sad:
I've not egged him on. Where he's been wrong (and I've noticed) I have said, as have Gaz and a few others. He's coming from a position of PTSD in the same way parents that outburst with "helmet laws, now!": he feels he's being active on a problem. Some of his complaints have been legit.

If he's suffering from a mental health issue as serious as PTSD then why on earth have his friends and family not advised him to steer well clear of what will almost certainly be an exploitative "laugh at the weirdo" programme? Isn't the fallout likely to have further implications?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
:sad:

If he's suffering from a mental health issue as serious as PTSD then why on earth have his friends and family not advised him to steer well clear of what will almost certainly be an exploitative "laugh at the weirdo" programme? Isn't the fallout likely to have further implications?
I'm not saying he has health issues, I'm saying he had a bad thing happen and wants to feel he's made a difference. Or at least thats the impression I get when I've chatted to him via youtube/twitter

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not saying he has health issues, I'm saying he had a bad thing happen and wants to feel he's made a difference. Or at least thats the impression I get when I've chatted to him via youtube/twitter

You sort of are when you say he's coming at things from a position of PTSD.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I saw this advertised the other night, my comment to the wife after seeing a clip of the cyclist (who I now understand to be Traffic Droid?) was that he was going to give cyclists even more of a bad rep....

PK99

Legendary Member
I totally agree with that point, and I'm sympathetic to Droid. I just think this programme could backfire horribly on him. They're equating him with the sort of person who spends all day on the phone to call centres kicking off about nothing.

from lots of his videos that just about sums him up!

subaqua

What’s the point
he made page 3 of the metro today too. have had a steady stream of eejits coming to my desk all day.

oh and colinb from manchester. as flounces go that wasn't even a 5/10 . don't let the door hit you on way out ;)

J.Primus

Just noticed this was in the Mail and was wondering if anyone had noticed. Just what London cyclists need is another unhinged manic representing us. Why don't these shows ever find some of the road raging taxi drivers and follow them around for a bit for a touch of balance.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Just noticed this was in the Mail and was wondering if anyone had noticed. Just what London cyclists need is another unhinged manic representing us. Why don't these shows ever find some of the road raging taxi drivers and follow them around for a bit for a touch of balance.
Another? Are you saying there is more than one now :ohmy:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus

Because in the media's mind WE'RE the eccentric ones, the ones who mingle with motorcars, and often the most vocal of the public about all road safety issues. I also think they want clickbait and any minority group can be exploited for that.

Choosing a raging motorist is easy. Challenging them is not - they've also been exploited as stories about fuel costs and traffic jams sell newspapers. That is their customer base and the customer is always right, even if you've helped mould them so...

Top Bottom