Trail of Tears Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Being a member of the Choctaw Tribe of Oklahoma, I was proud to read other about Tribal members undertaking this bike ride in commemoration of the Trail of Tears walk in 1831. Especially in the hot month of July. However, even that was nothing compared to what the Tribes went through during their displacement.

Here is the link if you’d like to read about it in our Tribes newspaper, the Biskinik.

Article; July 2022 Trail of Tears Commemorative Bike Ride

And here’s the history behind it if you’re interested.

My daughter still lives in Oklahoma, and here’s the temperature there right now, on her birthday.

E652B37A-DAAE-4F1A-9316-E3AD1B780126.jpeg

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Sounds incredible. What a thing to do.

DRM

Guru
What an appalling way to treat an indigenous population, all to make others wealthy, cotton, to my mind has been responsible for more suffering from kicking the Native Americans off their land and forcing them to walk somewhere else, to forcing slaves to grow and pick the stuff, and having young kids working in the cotton mills weaving cloth over here in Manchester and other parts of Lancashire, thanks for posting this, it’s something we should all be aware of,

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Being a member of the Choctaw Tribe of Oklahoma, I was proud to read other about Tribal members undertaking this bike ride in commemoration of the Trail of Tears walk in 1831. Especially in the hot month of July. However, even that was nothing compared to what the Tribes went through during their displacement.

Here is the link if you’d like to read about it in our Tribes newspaper, the Biskinik.

Article; July 2022 Trail of Tears Commemorative Bike Ride

And here’s the history behind it if you’re interested.

My daughter still lives in Oklahoma, and here’s the temperature there right now, on her birthday.

View attachment 652823

Just read the history ..

Top Bottom