1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailers?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by zummerzet_lou, 16 Nov 2007.

1. zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Just a quickie really ....

My new bike, Sirrus comp has carbon rear stays ... would you tow a kiddies trailer with this bike .. with 2 lil'uns in?

My old bike was a bit of a work horse so didn't give it a 2nd thought .... just don't want to knacker this one as I need it for commuting.

TIA,

Lou

2. OP
    OP
    zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Just a quickie really ....

My new bike, Sirrus comp has carbon rear stays ... would you tow a kiddies trailer with this bike .. with 2 lil'uns in?

My old bike was a bit of a work horse so didn't give it a 2nd thought .... just don't want to knacker this one as I need it for commuting.

TIA,

Lou

3. Depends entirely on the style of hitch Lou. If it clamps on to the LH stay then its a definite no no.

Prettyboytim had an issue with such a hitch and replaced it with one which installed under the QR. Theres a thread about it somewhere.

4. Depends entirely on the style of hitch Lou. If it clamps on to the LH stay then its a definite no no.

Prettyboytim had an issue with such a hitch and replaced it with one which installed under the QR. Theres a thread about it somewhere.

5. OP
    OP
    zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Yes .. it has a rubber clamp with attaches to the lower (horizontal) stay.

I have a rear seat for 1 child, but wanted to take both out at the weekend :-(

6. OP
    OP
    zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Yes .. it has a rubber clamp with attaches to the lower (horizontal) stay.

I have a rear seat for 1 child, but wanted to take both out at the weekend :-(

7. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Definately no! As above or look out for a Trek hitch which attaches to the QR.

8. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Definately no! As above or look out for a Trek hitch which attaches to the QR.

9. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

As mickle mentioned, you'd probably be better off with a different hitch, one with an attachment that gets held in place by the quick release skewer. I modified my trailer to use the Carry Freedom Hitch, which has a hook that fits onto the bike (mine came with two) and a hitch which hooks onto the hook. I got mine from Velorution. Its cost £15.

[​IMG]

10. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

As mickle mentioned, you'd probably be better off with a different hitch, one with an attachment that gets held in place by the quick release skewer. I modified my trailer to use the Carry Freedom Hitch, which has a hook that fits onto the bike (mine came with two) and a hitch which hooks onto the hook. I got mine from Velorution. Its cost £15.

[​IMG]