Trailers?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by zummerzet_lou, 16 Nov 2007.

1. zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Just a quickie really ....

My new bike, Sirrus comp has carbon rear stays ... would you tow a kiddies trailer with this bike .. with 2 lil'uns in?

My old bike was a bit of a work horse so didn't give it a 2nd thought .... just don't want to knacker this one as I need it for commuting.

TIA,

Lou

2. OP
    OP
    zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Just a quickie really ....

My new bike, Sirrus comp has carbon rear stays ... would you tow a kiddies trailer with this bike .. with 2 lil'uns in?

My old bike was a bit of a work horse so didn't give it a 2nd thought .... just don't want to knacker this one as I need it for commuting.

TIA,

Lou

3. Depends entirely on the style of hitch Lou. If it clamps on to the LH stay then its a definite no no.

Prettyboytim had an issue with such a hitch and replaced it with one which installed under the QR. Theres a thread about it somewhere.

4. Depends entirely on the style of hitch Lou. If it clamps on to the LH stay then its a definite no no.

Prettyboytim had an issue with such a hitch and replaced it with one which installed under the QR. Theres a thread about it somewhere.

5. OP
    OP
    zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Yes .. it has a rubber clamp with attaches to the lower (horizontal) stay.

I have a rear seat for 1 child, but wanted to take both out at the weekend :-(

6. OP
    OP
    zummerzet_lou

zummerzet_lou New Member

Yes .. it has a rubber clamp with attaches to the lower (horizontal) stay.

I have a rear seat for 1 child, but wanted to take both out at the weekend :-(

7. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Definately no! As above or look out for a Trek hitch which attaches to the QR.

8. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Definately no! As above or look out for a Trek hitch which attaches to the QR.

9. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

As mickle mentioned, you'd probably be better off with a different hitch, one with an attachment that gets held in place by the quick release skewer. I modified my trailer to use the Carry Freedom Hitch, which has a hook that fits onto the bike (mine came with two) and a hitch which hooks onto the hook. I got mine from Velorution. Its cost £15.

[​IMG]

10. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

As mickle mentioned, you'd probably be better off with a different hitch, one with an attachment that gets held in place by the quick release skewer. I modified my trailer to use the Carry Freedom Hitch, which has a hook that fits onto the bike (mine came with two) and a hitch which hooks onto the hook. I got mine from Velorution. Its cost £15.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice