Trailers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zummerzet_lou

Just a quickie really ....

My new bike, Sirrus comp has carbon rear stays ... would you tow a kiddies trailer with this bike .. with 2 lil'uns in?

My old bike was a bit of a work horse so didn't give it a 2nd thought .... just don't want to knacker this one as I need it for commuting.

TIA,

Lou

OP
OP
Z

zummerzet_lou

Just a quickie really ....

My new bike, Sirrus comp has carbon rear stays ... would you tow a kiddies trailer with this bike .. with 2 lil'uns in?

My old bike was a bit of a work horse so didn't give it a 2nd thought .... just don't want to knacker this one as I need it for commuting.

TIA,

Lou

Depends entirely on the style of hitch Lou. If it clamps on to the LH stay then its a definite no no.

Prettyboytim had an issue with such a hitch and replaced it with one which installed under the QR. Theres a thread about it somewhere.

Depends entirely on the style of hitch Lou. If it clamps on to the LH stay then its a definite no no.

Prettyboytim had an issue with such a hitch and replaced it with one which installed under the QR. Theres a thread about it somewhere.

PrettyboyTim

As mickle mentioned, you'd probably be better off with a different hitch, one with an attachment that gets held in place by the quick release skewer. I modified my trailer to use the Carry Freedom Hitch, which has a hook that fits onto the bike (mine came with two) and a hitch which hooks onto the hook. I got mine from Velorution. Its cost £15.

hitch.jpg

PrettyboyTim

As mickle mentioned, you'd probably be better off with a different hitch, one with an attachment that gets held in place by the quick release skewer. I modified my trailer to use the Carry Freedom Hitch, which has a hook that fits onto the bike (mine came with two) and a hitch which hooks onto the hook. I got mine from Velorution. Its cost £15.

hitch.jpg

Top Bottom