Trails and Tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MonsterEnergy

Where would my local trail be as i live in Kirkliston, Scotland...Please say.
How on earth do you do a whip on your mtb?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I'd say Google and U-Tube are your answers

Bobario

Veteran
If you mean Kirkliston West Lothian your two closest purpose built mountain bike trail centres seem to be Glentress and Innerleithen. Glentress includes a skills area and a free ride park so you could learn to jump your bike there. There are also some decent natural trails in the Pentland hills you could try, look here:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/scotland/?activitytype=1&z=10.4&lat=55.93690&lon=-3.44076

You would be better off learning to jump your bike straight ahead to start with, when you are comfortable getting some decent height on your jumps, by all means try a tail whip. There are many videos on youtube that will help you to learn. Be assured you will fall off at some point if you are doing big jumps/drop offs.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

If you mean Kirkliston West Lothian your two closest purpose built mountain bike trail centres seem to be Glentress and Innerleithen. Glentress includes a skills area and a free ride park so you could learn to jump your bike there. There are also some decent natural trails in the Pentland hills you could try, look here:

https://www.trailforks.com/region/scotland/?activitytype=1&z=10.4&lat=55.93690&lon=-3.44076

You would be better off learning to jump your bike straight ahead to start with, when you are comfortable getting some decent height on your jumps, by all means try a tail whip. There are many videos on youtube that will help you to learn. Be assured you will fall off at some point if you are doing big jumps/drop offs.
shorly there's some sort of jumps or trails closer

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

aparently, theres some in woods in north queensferry.
Anyone know of these, or could help my find them

Bobario

Veteran
aparently, theres some in woods in north queensferry.
Anyone know of these, or could help my find them

There are some just north of a place called Dalgety Bay. I also found some in Philpstown and the SKEF bike park in Edinburgh itself, both these look very small. There is a trail in South Queensferry but this looks like a gravel cycle track, I doubt you would find any jumps there.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

There are some just north of a place called Dalgety Bay. I also found some in Philpstown and the SKEF bike park in Edinburgh itself, both these look very small. There is a trail in South Queensferry but this looks like a gravel cycle track, I doubt you would find any jumps there.
awesome....where abouts near dalgety bay are they. What is it called?
what about the ones in s queensferry...where abouts\/

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

awesome....where abouts near dalgety bay are they. What is it called?
what about the ones in s queensferry...where abouts\/
the ones near dalgety bay, ive heard are insane, my freind says they are very near dalgety bay. You park and have to walk for quite a while to find them. No signposts eaither, so probably get lost....Anyone know what carpark it is, and its name?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

where are these trails in north queensferry...someone please please help.....i will give whoever a present if they answer quick.

Top Bottom