Trails and Tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

the postcode i found for the mtb trail near dalgey bay is KY3 0XR, but where do you park, and how do you get to the trails?
Someone help me with this, Thanks

Bobario

Veteran
The ones I found are in the woods just north of Dalgety bay train station. It looks like there are a lot of spaces there. It's only a mile away from the postcode you mentioned, so you could ride to those from the train station too. Postcode for the station is KY11 9NJ.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

The ones I found are in the woods just north of Dalgety bay train station. It looks like there are a lot of spaces there. It's only a mile away from the postcode you mentioned, so you could ride to those from the train station too. Postcode for the station is KY11 9NJ.
thanks...could u plz send a screenshot of the woods and how to get to the trails.....or find the postcode for the car park

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@lylecane I think you're asking a bit too much from CC members.
Screenshots and the like, really, cycling is an adventure, more so mountain biking.
Go find out yourself, or maybe join a dedicated mountain biking forum/facebook group in your area?
Walk with the wee man in Google maps, perhaps?
If you feel apprehensive go exploring with a pal, getting lost in company is inevitably more fun than getting lost alone ^_^

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

@lylecane I think you're asking a bit too much from CC members.
Screenshots and the like, really, cycling is an adventure, more so mountain biking.
Go find out yourself, or maybe join a dedicated mountain biking forum/facebook group in your area?
Walk with the wee man in Google maps, perhaps?
If you feel apprehensive go exploring with a pal, getting lost in company is inevitably more fun than getting lost alone ^_^
yeah...but i cant go along far enough with manny on google maps....havent got time to walk around.

Ajax Bay

Guru
These local guys (or their grandchildren) might be able to help: https://www.cyclinguk.org/local-groups/cycling-dalgety-bay
https://www.trailforks.com/region/dalgety-bay/
From Dalgety Bay station (which has a car park), go out onto the main road, turn east and after about 200m take the path on the left (goes over the railway track) and you're onto the trails.
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.042...xN8Z07YV6J3h14uoA1uPO!2e10!3e12!7i7776!8i3888
Alternately from the station, turn west and then north past the cemetery up the Clockluine Road, over the railway bridge, immediately left onto the parallel cycle path and then after The Plant Market maybe 100m cross the (fast) road with care to take the dead end track heading towards the woods: there's an MTB path leading you all the way to the trails.
I have (as @Pat "5mph" suggests) been "walk[ing] with the wee man in Google maps".

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

These local guys (or their grandchildren) might be able to help: https://www.cyclinguk.org/local-groups/cycling-dalgety-bay
https://www.trailforks.com/region/dalgety-bay/
From Dalgety Bay station (which has a car park), go out onto the main road, turn east and after about 200m take the path on the left (goes over the railway track) and you're onto the trails.
https://www.google.com/maps/@56.042...xN8Z07YV6J3h14uoA1uPO!2e10!3e12!7i7776!8i3888
Alternately from the station, turn west and then north past the cemetery up the Clockluine Road, over the railway bridge, immediately left onto the parallel cycle path and then after The Plant Market maybe 100m cross the (fast) road with care to take the dead end track heading towards the woods: there's an MTB path leading you all the way to the trails.
I have (as @Pat "5mph" suggests) been "walk[ing] with the wee man in Google maps".
could u plz make it clearer or just zoom into the trails on google maps and screenshot it, then i should be able to work out where they are

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
could u plz make it clearer or just zoom into the trails on google maps and screenshot it, then i should be able to work out where they are

Can you not use google yourself. Jeessus. Do you wan't your bike tyres pumping up as well.

Do a little research yourself - you youngsters are supposed to be a whizz on t-internet ? Trail forks is great, use that, very easy to work out how to get there. I use that and google maps to work out various routes. It's easy.

Stop getting so angsty that folk haven't immediately replied. :wacko:

Ajax Bay

Guru
could u plz make it clearer
Please could you say which parts of my comment are not crystal clear? Get yourself to Dalgety Bay station car park (I assume you have a taxi driver in the family (my son has! - me)) and follow my clear directions. Don't get lost in the woods.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Please could you say which parts of my comment are not crystal clear? Get yourself to Dalgety Bay station car park (I assume you have a taxi driver in the family (my son has! - me)) and follow my clear directions. Don't get lost in the woods.
nope ive found them...my freind sent a zoomed in picture of braefoot

ChrisEyles

Guru
Part of the fun of mountain biking is being comfortable and self sufficient outside of an urban environment, surely? How on earth are you going to cope with an OS map on a cross country route :biggrin:

On a more helpful note, can't you use the GPS on your phone with google maps to get you where you want to be?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Part of the fun of mountain biking is being comfortable and self sufficient outside of an urban environment, surely? How on earth are you going to cope with an OS map on a cross country route :biggrin:

On a more helpful note, can't you use the GPS on your phone with google maps to get you where you want to be?
i dont have a phone.
I took my mtb to halfords tonight and got a new inner tube because i had a slow puncture, and i got them to put slime in both wheels.
Is there anything i need to be aware or cautious of having slime tyres, or will they be okay, with big jumps and riding down steep steps and urban riding and stuff.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Anyone know whtat i could include in my small mtb trail in the woods nearby....Ive only got a small troul to use, which is all i really need...Although a big spade would be handy. Not much mud either, but would be greatful for some ideas or thoughts.
I won't be going back to them until the whether is nice again.
Anyone know what to do to keep people from going into these woods and destroying this trail
All the effort that go's into making trails and people just come along and just mess them up.

Please give some thoughts and ideas.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll find you can't just go digging up woods, and you could end up in lots of trouble with a land owner. Riding an MTB you also have to be aware of not 'hissing' off landowners and other users as it can only lead to bans on access. We want access rights opening up. Unfortunately, if you've not got permission, a land owner is within their rights to pull down any features you make. If using and cheeky trails, bear this in mind.

I would suggest you spend a bit of time googling and reading about making jumps etc, and check out some articles on-line rather than expecting a 'spoon fed' response to everything.

Also, google changing punctures, you've probably paid well over the odds for a replacement tube and fitting. Slime in tubes - no point.

Top Bottom