Train Breakfasts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Here we go. The usual whinge about train food!
Anyone had a good one?
As I speed towards London, the HOT bacon roll eventually devoured, i'm left thinking how little it tasted like a home-made jobby.
The roll itself had turned into a brown golf ball, and the bacon was the rubber windings inside.
That's some powerful train microwave. At least the golf ball had cooled down in the 30 miles or so past Crewe. From 400c to 300c that is.
The plastic wrapper had become a new element, like thin glass.
My fellow passengers in coach K thanked me for the instant sauna when said wrapper was opened, even if it did smell like a draylon sofa on fire.
View attachment 698506

As the tannoy keeps repeating. See it, Say it, Sort it!

What was the coffee like, though? Coffee Please is a not for profit company that uses its earnings to train, house and pay a living wage to the homeless. They're based near here and I've had good coffee from them. Good people in my book.

steverob

Guru
Yes, i remember nabbing some good food on Amtrak ... DC to Orlando ... but why do the trains crawl along? 55mph cars were going faster. Winter had turned to summer when I got there :laugh:
Short answer: freight trains

Long answer: this video

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQTjLWIHN74
(it's a good watch, but it is over 20 minutes long, so it may not be for everyone)

Top Bottom