train restrictions on folding bike wheel size

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
Well, I have a Brompton, which I think is excellent for putting on the train and for short trips around town, but I still think you lot doing long distances on one or similar bikes (and I saw a link to people doing JoGLE on Bromptons somewhere) are hardcore. I'll stick to my big bike, thank you! :smile::thumbsup:

Maybe this will encourage you fimm. The 5 gear model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37034456@N06/6333541395/

StuartG

slower but further
I still think you lot doing long distances on one or similar bikes (and I saw a link to people doing JoGLE on Bromptons somewhere) are hardcore. I'll stick to my big bike
I disagree. I've done 4 x FNRttC on a 3 gear Brommie. 100 miles is my record on a 30 gear Condor Fratello which equates to my 85 mile record on the Brommie. Any real difference is in the mind, not the legs.

And its a standard Brommie apart from a Brooks saddle, SPD pedals and the smaller chainwheel 'cos I definitely not hardcore. But I am a pensioner :sad:

Hi fimm

Glad you can see the link - I was going to go back and fiddle with it as I couldn't see it myself - kinda puzzling ..

It's Sardinia. I've also taken that Brommie along unsurfaced roads there chased by dogs - Brommie's are like (surprisingly fast) tanks compared to lots of other folders - you've got a great bike.

>>any disagreement from me is entirely respectful, anyway.

Yes, I realise - other boards are available for arguments.

:smile:

Top Bottom