Trainer gives problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novetan

Über Member
After pouring thru the many trainers available in the market, based on good review, I finally settled on Elite Super Crono Power Fluid. I liked its gravity loaded design which gives a more natural riding feel based on rider’s weight and it is superbly quiet. They are also the sponsor for Sky, HTC, Liquigas, Cervelo, Shimano and Euskaltel using gravity loaded trainer, though may not be the same model. Hence I take it that this gravity loaded design must be good.

Today I did my first ride using my actual road bike with no particular training wheel. My rear tire was entirely new (Conti grand prix 4000s) and it didn’t take long to feel something not right. When I pedal out of saddle, or assuming a sprinting position with body leaning forward also out of saddle, both position spinning at cadence of ard 85 rpm (considering not very fast), the back wheel kept on slipping producing a whizzing sound.

Then I mounted my daughter’s 20” wheel bike with a not so new tire and the riding was smooth. No slippage.

Since so many pro has endorsed this gravity loaded trainer, it can’t be wrong. So the problem I encounter was it due to the tire or what?

Trainer model (pic).jpg

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Mine does the same , I just accepted that the trainer works on the principal of weight over the back wheel pushing down on the trainer roller, should you stand up and lean slightly forward it reduces pressure and friction so slips.
I used mine for one winter a Cpl of years ago, and now use it to prop open the shed door.

I bought an old bike of ebay and ride that through winter rather than sweat like a little piggy in the shed.

Top Bottom