Trainer road on rollers and turbo difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Really like the 3lc videos. They are really well done and informative.

How are you measuring the power?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Trainer power curve and speed which leads to all sorts of accuracy issues

Just seen on the TR website that's its calculated power as such things such as different tensions on the wheel affect rolling resistance and can skew your readings from one day to the next.
I believe that the pressure the turbo puts on the back wheel to create resistance would result in a noticeable difference to the calculation taken from rollers.

I would expect the data to be unreliable and inconsistent at best

DaveL

Yeah, both are listed.
I would drop them an email, their customer service is excellent, and see if they can shed any light on the problem, as it does seem way out.

Dave

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Just seen on the TR website that's its calculated power as such things such as different tensions on the wheel affect rolling resistance and can skew your readings from one day to the next.
I believe that the pressure the turbo puts on the back wheel to create resistance would result in a noticeable difference to the calculation taken from rollers.

I would expect the data to be unreliable and inconsistent at best
Depends on the turbo really. If you're screwing a cup towards the QR and/or screwing the roller to the tyre then obviously there is massive potential for variance, before you take turbo type into account, heat and tyre pressure/wear

There's a reason it's much cheaper than a power meter, ultimately the idea is structure not accuracy

Top Bottom