Trainerroad and Sufferfest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apologies in advance for these questions I am not a technophobe but will admit to being a huge techno numpty

I have been toying with the idea of Zwift but really enjoy the Sufferfest videos and looking at traineroad and the fact that I can sync the two has really piqued my interest.

I would like to buy a dedicated tablet and would prefer android rather than Apple if possible but I am not sure what to buy and what system requirements are required.

The sufferfest vids are around 2gb each so storing them on a tablet will soon use up the memory (can you have a separate hard drive for a tablet??). Or would I better off with a new Desk top PC/laptop with a Terabyte of storage or would I be better subscribing to both apps and streaming?

What does everyone else use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies for being so dumb.

Unfortunately we (TrainerRoad) don't have an Android app quite yet, but we're working hard on one as we speak! (Sign up for updates here: https://www.trainerroad.com/landing/android)

Regarding your setup, I'd recommend considering where/how you'll be training most often. If you plan to be training often without an internet connection, storage is definitely important. For this, I'd recommend at least a lap top, where you're able to connect an external hard drive with all of your videos. However, if you know you'll be training with sufficient internet all of the time, something like a Surface Pro could be an excellent choice, or simply holding off a bit longer for our Android app.

Hope that helps! Feel free to email me at Trevor@TrainerRoad.com if you'd like to bounce some more ideas around.

Top Bottom