Traing aids, Comps and sites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MancRider78

Hi all,

Was using a cycle computer and cyclogs web site as well as a spreadsheet of won design to keep track of what was going on each month. Have a new smart phone and have found an app with linked web site that gives a map and mile time as well as tops speed and the like. also has alt and stuff for serious riders.

Was just wondering what other people used and if any people had tips for using these things for getting fit and weight loss.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I use a Garmin Edge 500, w Garmin Training Centre and Garmin Connect (Im not convinced that they are any good so am still looking for replacement software to analyse the data)

Used to use a normal Lidl computer, it was a good odometer and real time speed readout device but I found it to be near useless as a training tool. Im not a fan of these phone apps to be honest (Ive tried a few and looked into a few since I have an android phone) as most phone apps dont support HR monitors (one or 2 support blue tooth HR monitors) and non that I know of support power hence they again simply show where you went and some speed data. Top speed from gps is a throw away value imo.

OP
OP
MancRider78

MancRider78

Thanks for the replies, and on to the next bit...

If I wanted to start training a bit more on my commute what would I be best looking at and trying to improve and by what amounts?

Top Bottom