Training advice for newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dobby

I currently cycle to and from work (8 miles each way) four or five times a week on a hybrid.

Also use turbotrainer some evenings when feeling fit and keen.

Weekends I try to get out on my road bike. Average about 15-16.5mph on a 3-5 hour run. This year I want to get faster and want to do my first 100 mile ride (current longest ride is about 75 miles).

Anyway I can work some training into my rides to and from work to improve my weekend rides?

toeknee

Über Member
:welcome: Dobby sounds like your doing fine...:bicycle:

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
upload_2015-3-2_20-20-58.png

midlife

Guru
Once you add an element of "training" into your rides like intervals you might enjoy it less ...... And be too knackered at work :smile:

Training on your own takes a lot of motivation, have you thought about joining a club?

Shaun

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: Just keep at it.

You'd have thought, given his job, he'd know how to ride a bike properly.

Probably doesn't know how to fix a puncture either.
Whats I puncture I have forgot what one is, let alone repair one.:biggrin:
Front hasn't had one in 10,500+ miles, back had a copule of pinch punctures the last took a chunk of rubber out of the tyre, so it got changes, the new one has had no problems in 4,000 miles.

Tojo

Über Member
Whats I puncture I have forgot what one is, let alone repair one.:biggrin:
Front hasn't had one in 10,500+ miles, back had a copule of pinch punctures the last took a chunk of rubber out of the tyre, so it got changes, the new one has had no problems in 4,000 miles.

HTF do you get that many miles without a puncture, it's just part of a ride out for me........Back onto the farmers and hedges thing:cursing:

Top Bottom