Training for Belgium Bergs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Sounds like a good trip for boys.

Of course the Men will riding round Alderley Edge ...

The men will be on Trooper Lane!

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/your-ride-today.173254/page-2027#post-6696462

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Phwoaaaaaaaar!!

E5mIOH7XIAEih7k.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well ... "abroad" does have the Galibier etc. Nothing like that here, even Oop North.

So it's reasonable to gather info on how a foreign road might compare to the UK.

It's Belgium, it's flat, with some ace cobbled sections and climbs that are short and steep. Looks pretty traffic free from my mates videos. Looks bliss.

johnblack

Über Member
I go every year for the Ronde, the climbs are all fine if you have a decent level of cycling in you, but they are tough, luckily it's only a couple of minutes pain each time. Try to also ride some flat cobbles, Haaghoek is a nice long section that takes you on to the Leberg (which is tarmac) and the Holleweg / Ruitersstraat are around the town of Mater and aren't nice, but you kind of have to ride it anyway.

Have a great time.

Spartak