Training on Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anton

Hi All.
I am going on holiday for a couple of weeks over the Christmas period. I was thinking of using a gym bike (something I don’t usually do on hold) to keep some resemblance of fitness. hopefully I will get time for an hour every other day. any recommendations what would be best to do in the hour available?
Thanks

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Enjoy the holiday and worry about it when you get back

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Whilst on holiday with the missus, she's mad on running so she hit the gym every day on the running machine. I just sat on the static bike and spun the legs for an hour. Breaking out a nice sweat. I then went and had a ginormous brekkie. :thumbsup:

Just enjoy your holiday

arch684

Veteran
Just relax and enjoy your holiday.then get back to your training refreshed.your body will thank you for it

screenman

Legendary Member
Warm up for 15 minutes then 10 seconds hard and 10 seconds off for 3 minutes, any longer and you are not doing them hard enough. Warm down and relax. No need for an hour as these will help maintain any fitness you have now.

If there is a pool then swim lengths, if you can that is. If you cannot then learn to as it is a brilliant excersise

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I'm off work now until the 5th of Jan, so no cycling for me until then. Only training I'm planning on doing is fatness training. Plenty of warm minced pies with clotted cream, chocolates and whatever other nasty little treats I can get my hands on. This is purge time!!

screenman

Legendary Member
This is the first Xmas that I want to and will weigh less in the first few days of 2015 than I did in the middle of December 2014

young Ed

Veteran
holiday is a time when you don't have much to do so i say fill it with plenty of exercise!
run for a good half hour every day or as often as you can and then spin for a similar time and a few lengths of the pool if you have this facility, this is of course just the warm up for the real exercise!........
Cheers Ed

vickster

Legendary Member
holiday is a time when you don't have much to do so i say fill it with plenty of exercise!
run for a good half hour every day or as often as you can and then spin for a similar time and a few lengths of the pool if you have this facility, this is of course just the warm up for the real exercise!........
Cheers Ed
Spoken like someone still at school with 14 weeks holiday a year or whatever it is! Once you start to work and have 5 weeks a year, you'll appreciate holiday time is to rest and recharge ;)

Last edited:

young Ed

Veteran
Spoken like someone still at school with 14 weeks holiday a year or whatever it is! Once you start to work and have 5 weeks a year, you'll appreciate holiday time is to rest and recharge ;)
true! i've never really liked rest, i pretty much just work through most of my school holidays
Cheers Ed

screenman

Legendary Member

Holiday,what is this mystery you talk about? I suffer one of the many curses of being self employed.

Must admit I enjoy a workout more than I do relaxing, which is why I include it in any breaks we take.

gbb

Legendary Member
:blush:
Nah :thumbsup:...
Some people (like me) get a bit stir crazy sitting round all the time, i can't stand it. One of the first things i look for in a hotel is the gym, purely for the excercise bike. An hour sweating is like a release sometimes. If i don't i start to get fidgety, restless legs n all that...plus it maintains fitness.
That WAS me :blush:..health reasons leave me fighting to get it back. That said, this last year on holiday, i still sought the gym...its in some peoples dna, even though i work too many hours.

Top Bottom