Trains from York to Doncaster / 40 mile an hour tailwind possibilities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Tomorrow , 21st August there are weather warnings in my area.
Southerly wind, 40 to 47 mph.
So a cycle from Maltby, Rotherham to York would be a good idea.
Return as far as Donnie by train ...
Anybody have any experience of Northern Rails "travel with a bike" covid-19 era rules ....
Or lack of them ... hopefully...^_^

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Not really but there were two bikes on the Northern service from Morpeth to Newcastle on Monday. So I was pleased I hadn't tried to get mine on too.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Having had my freewheel go last week I used Northern Rail for two trains with no pre-booking and no issue. It'll depend on the time of day but shouldn't be an issue.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Northern don't run a service between York & Doncaster :okay: You'll need either East Coast or Cross Country & I think both require a bike space booking. You can do this when you arrive at the station providing there is a space, but not sure if/how this is being enforced with current Covid situation. Maybe worth checking info on their websites for latest info 👍

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Northern don't run a service between York & Doncaster :okay: You'll need either East Coast or Cross Country & I think both require a bike space booking. You can do this when you arrive at the station providing there is a space, but not sure if/how this is being enforced with current Covid situation. Maybe worth checking info on their websites for latest info 👍

But don't worry if Solty's driving the train 'cos he'll let you on.

Top Bottom