Wales : Dyfed Trans Cambrian Route Sat 20th October.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Wow, what a great route. Too big for me, but I envy those of you who are fit enough to do it as you will see some stunning Welsh scenery.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

I intend to have a cafe stop at Llanidloes any one wishing to do a shorter route could join us there and do the northern part and cut off on the A44 and take a scenic route back to llanidloes at Tyn-y-cwm.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
^ might suit pubbers and his mob ^_^ Doseone a sub group ride if you like.

Cheeky b*st*rd !!!

Are you saying that we are not capable of the longer ride ?

(Thinks) Over twice as long as my (allegedly 'hilly') Open to Offas ride and with over three times the amount of climbing . . . . . . . . actually, you're probably right :smile: .

Just how short would the shorter route be ? And the amount of climb ?

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

Cheeky b*st*rd !!!

Are you saying that we are not capable of the longer ride ?

(Thinks) Over twice as long as my (allegedly 'hilly') Open to Offas ride and with over three times the amount of climbing . . . . . . . . actually, you're probably right :smile: .

Just how short would the shorter route be ? And the amount of climb ?

I wasn't implying anything :ohmy: I was thinking of distance to travel and time.

It would be about 60.

I'll map the route and post it up later for you to cast your expert eye over.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I wasn't implying anything :ohmy: I was thinking of distance to travel and time.

It would be about 60.

I'll map the route and post it up later for you to cast your expert eye over.

Hmm, I'd like to have a go at the longer route - given that it would be insanely character-building; but if I were to bring Rob, Dennis & the legend that is Mick the Quick, they'd probably prefer the shorter route.

I'll have a word with them and see what they suggest; of course, I don't really want to do the 'shorter' ride, 'cos I know that I'd invariably get 'stick' from those doing the longer ride - "wimping out" etc, etc. :smile:

All this is on the assumption, that Di will 'allow' me out with you shysters :smile:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I am looking at a B&B in Rhyader. I shall probably book up tomorrow.
Shysters!!!:ohmy:
Who grassed me up?

Top Bottom