Trans Ireland - route ideas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Hello all,

I am thinking of doing a Dublin - Lahinch ride, toward the end of summer. Have any of you guys ever ridden this way across Ireland, or even part of it as I would love some help on planning a route?

Thank you!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Lahinch in Co Clare?

There was this thread a couple of months ago which covered similar ground.

OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

That's the one, I got married in the church there so I will make that the finish point, since it was such a good starting point! Thanks for the link, I will take a look.

classic33

Leg End Member
Head for the North of Lough Derg, crossing the Shannon at Portumna, and onto Lahinch via Gort, Kilfernora.

You could consider the N7, crossing the Shannon at Ballina/Killaloe and head across Clare.

Done both routes to Tuamgraney and Ennis. Slightly longer second route, with the first giving you the option of heading for Galway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
r04DiE

r04DiE

Head for the North of Lough Derg, crossing the Shannon at Portumna, and onto Lahinch via Gort, Kilfernora.

You could consider the N7, crossing the Shannon at Ballina/Killaloe and head across Clare.

Done both routes to Tuamgraney and Ennis. Slightly longer second route, with the first giving you the option of heading for Galway.
Thank you and I will check that out!

classic33

Leg End Member
OK, I haven't fully reviewed it but what about this?
I'd be tempted to stay on the R353 just after the 165 mark

Top Bottom