Transcontinental 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well done Frank...'Puy de Dôme' conquered - next stop Switzerland!
(I know you spent some time in the forests on the way down...it's just a pity you didn't go to the one near the airport; I could have penned "Frankie Goes To Orly Wood" )
Never mind, eh? Onward and upward - literally.
GO FRANK!

Edit to say that, for feference Frank, should you read back through this thread, Kristof A has just passed 910 kms and Bernd Paul is 80k adrift of the flying machine.

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Bernd Paul has scratched. That's a shock.

I don't know if Frank is struggling a bit or if Emily has chosen a better route. She is pulling away from him. She had a strange detour last night which lost her some time. Kristof is out in front again.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Probably taking a photo of the village sign ("Anus", to save you checking).
She did.....
Cool3DrXYAA_39W.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Emily is one of Apiduras ambassadors.

I am surprised they are are all not ambassadors for Apiduras. They seem to have the market well and truly cornered.

Frank is still going well.

Im tired just watching the dots.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have been watching 48 Jesper Sorensen from Denmark. I dont know what happened but he looked like a non starter from the beginning and then he set off in the direction of Paris. It looks like he has had a good site seeing tour of Paris and is now heading North in the direction of Denmark.

There are so many interesting stories in this ride. Even those who dont complete it.

How is Frank doing. The tracker is useless on my phone?
He's in 51st place, with 197 km to go to the 2nd control. Seems to be going very well, about 40km behind Emily (running 34th) along the route most favoured through the Jura mountains.

I've been watching these two riders in particular because I know them both personally and find it interesting that their riding patterns are quite similar: they ride about the same pace (Emily a bit faster) and take rest periods at about the same intervals (Emily's a little longer).

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
He's in 51st place, with 197 km to go to the 2nd control. Seems to be going very well, about 40km behind Emily (running 34th) along the route most favoured through the Jura mountains.

I've been watching these two riders in particular because I know them both personally and find it interesting that their riding patterns are quite similar: they ride about the same pace (Emily a bit faster) and take rest periods at about the same intervals (Emily's a little longer).
Thank you.

Good to hear he is still doing OK. :okay:

Top Bottom